Chapter Two.

"Because Im only human, and I crash and I fall down"

Rosie's POV

Tears escaped from behind my eyes one after the other as I attempted to wipe them away shamelessly. My head ached with the continuous crying and weeping, while my throat was sore and dry. I glared at the brightly lit screen of my laptop as never ending hate messages were sent my way, appearing in front of me from my so called 'friends'. The people who I thought were on my side. Pressing the small, red close button in the right hand corner, the devilish words disappeared back into the computer, where I couldn't see them.

"ROSALIE MAY PRITCHITT. GET HERE. NOW" I heard the shrill shriek of mother, as I obediently and quickly made my way down the stairs. "Yes Mother?" I squeaked in fear. Without one moment to spare, her bony hand made contact with my tear stained cheek. I flinched discreetly, if she saw me it would only make matters worse.

"What is this?" She hissed, reaching behind her and re appearing with my 'F' graded work.

"I-I didn't get the questions, they were hard, I couldn't.." I stuttered, but my words were stopped abruptly as the same hand made contact with my same raw cheek. I cried out at the burning sensation that lingered on my swollen face.

"Nonsense. There are no excuses. You are just a failure Rosie May. Once a failure, always a failure. Now go back to your room, I can't stand to see your face any longer" she scowled.

My head hung low as I slowly and pathetically made my way back up the stairs to the only safe, well safe-ish, place I know. My bedroom. Collapsing onto the bed, I curled up into a ball under the flimsy duvet. The feeling of tears welling up in my eyes started, but this time I had no effort to stop them.

I have no life. Well, not a pleasant one anyway. Not a life worth living. The bullies at school told me various times, it isn't just me who thinks it. I don't have any friends to tell me I am worth it, tell me that the bullies are wrong, they just stand there and laugh along with the kids who torment my everyday school life. I could easily say that I wouldn't mind dying now, this very moment. If an assassin walked into my room right now and told me he was going to kill me I would happily just sit there and nod. Sad right?

Most teenagers who live on this earth are living their life to the full, partying hard and then either laughing about it or regretting it the next morning.

Me?

I'm just wishing I could have that life.

The only time I feel the slightest bit of confidence is when I'm not in school or at home. It's when I'm out on the streets, the way people seem to smile at me when I attempt to saunter pass them, with 'true' confidence. Let's be honest, if they knew the real person, all I would get is half smiles and sympathetic glances. I will never have the real self confidence, it's always going to be fake.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Rosie-May Pritchitt. A total loser and the biggest failure to hit this earth.

Nice to meet you.