Chapter Three.

"I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing."

Rosie May POV

Do you know that feeling you get when you think that your being watched?

Like that feeling of dread and self-consciousness. Well, I can tell you that I am feeling that right now. I could feel a pair of eyes watching my every step, movement, as I strolled down the quiet high street. I lowered my eyes, but a smile still played on my lips. As always, strangers grinned happily in my direction. They have always done that, I think its just normal. 

Then I felt it again.

I twirled around immediately, my eyes searching for the person but all I could see was the pink sky and a burnt orange sun that gradually sunk behind the scenery. I dont know why I searched the sky, it just felt like the pair of eyes were up there and not on the ground. Cautiously I turned back round, proceeding to stroll on carelessly as I made my way home. 

Home.

I dont think it even deserves to be called that. A chorus of high pitched whistles sounded from behind me brought me out of my depressive thoughts. A group of young, teenage lads were huddled in a group, their beady eyes raking my body. I was used to it. I just smirked confidently, tossing my waist length hair slightly. They just winked, going back to there discussion, raising cigarettes to their mouths and then releasing long, drawls of smoke which evaporated into the evening sky. I didnt realise how dark it was until I noticed I was by myself and all the street lamps were shining. Wrapping my coat futher around my body, I frowned at the chilly breeze that made its way through me. Its supposed to be summer.

I carried on walking, quicker then before. I could see the silhouette of my house at the end of the street, and I smiled in relief. I reached the step, but all of a sudden I fet the need to turn around. 

As I did, I gasped, my hand automatically covering my mouth.

The figure of a grown man dispeared into the sky, a distinctive shadow in the darkeness of the night. My eyes strained to try and see more, but there was nothing there. Just the stars, moon and myself. I shook my head, my mind must be playing tricks on me. I have been tierd at the moment, maybe its that.

At the end of the day, angels aren't real.