Destiny

(Hello guys! It's me the author of this story! If you've read up until this part, thank you! Starting from this the fantasy and romance part begins. The picture at the top is the picture of Arthur and Lin Ling, the main characters of Qishi Huanxiang Ye! They look so beautiful together! Imagine Lin Ling as Katherine and Arthur as...Arthur! Now enough of me and enjoy the book! ☺️)

I woke up to a bright light shinning up above me. I squinted my eyes and grunted. "What...?", I mumbled. I sat up and opened my eyes fully. "Wow! What a beautiful setting!"

I was sitting on grass, looking at the beautiful surroundings. It seems to have been a forest. Beautiful green leaves trees, flowers growing everywhere, the blue sky toping everything. It was almost like I was part of the fairy tale world.

The wind blew the ought my hair, making it hit my face. I shook my head to remove the distraction. I couldn't believe what I saw then. There, standing I front of me, was a beautiful person with long, ocean blue hair. He was looking up at the sky, as if he was day dreaming of wonderful things, his smile beaming.

He then realised I was staring at him and looked my way. My eyes widened. "Emmm....", I said awkwardly. He smiled at me. "Why don't you come over here young one...", he said calmly. 'Young one?!', I thought in shock. The guy did look a year or two older than me.

I hesitated, but followed his words and crept up to him. "H-Hi", I said waving at him. "Hello...You must be Lin-Ling", he said. My face had a confused expression. "L-Lin who?", I asked. "Lin-Ling", he repeated. "Um, sorry but you have the wrong person. My name is Katherine. Katherine Carter." He nodded. "And so it is...but you can never change the path to your destiny..." Now I was majorly confused. "What are you talking about sir?"

He looked up into the sky and closed his eyes. "You know that half of your genes are  Japanese right?", the mysterious man asked. I nodded. He then looked at me. "But did you know you also have chinese blood in you? Coming from your fathers' side?" My eyes widened. "Seriously?!" He nodded. "Oh...", I answered not knowing the fact.

He chuckled. "Well, now that you know that, let's talk about your future...", he said. "What future?" "You have a future in this game...Once you enter the game your ties with it shall always be together...", Merlin said calmly. I looked at him in awe. 'Did he really just say that...?...', I thought.

"Um...but I can't stay here! I have to go home! My mom will kill me if I don't get home", I said. Oh the possibilities of living with my mom...He chuckled. "Don't worry. The time in the real world has stopped so, as long as you stay in the game, you won't age at all", he explained. My eyes widened. "Seriously?!" He nodded. I sighed an scratched the back of my neck.

I stood up and looks at him. He looked at me with a confused face. "What is it?" I looked at him closer. "It's just that...you look...like a girl", I said in wonder. He smiled down at me nervously. "Eh...I do huh...?", he chuckled a bit. I nodded.

The breeze then swept between the both of us. He then looked at me with a smile. "Are you now ready to start your quest?", he asked. My eyes widened. "What quest?", I asked. "The quest to save King Arthur and help him become King of England", he said calmly. "Aaaack! I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THAT", I told him. He jut chuckled. I looked at him with disbelief.

"Wait.", I said sternly. "You said that once I've transported into this world, my links with it will never be broken...?", I made sure. He nodded. "So what'll happen to me? How old is this Arthur anyway?", I asked. "Seven", he said. "AAACK! Seven?!", I said. I felt my spirit leave my mouth. He giggled lightly.

"So...How old will I be once he finally becomes KING?! I'll probably become an old hag once that time comes!!", I wavered anxiously. He laughed. "What...?",
I said, question marks forming in my eyes. "Don't worry", he started,"You won't be aging or growing older because the time in the real world has stopped", he explained to me. I sighed in relief.

"Well now", he said to me, "Let's prepare for your quest!" I froze. "Q-Quest...?", I stuttered. He nodded. "Yes. I told this was your destiny right?", he said calmly. I stood there frozen. "WHATTTTT?!?!"