Breaking Point - Part 1

With Zeref and Acnologioa out of the picture, you'd think my life back as an underpaid full-time bartender could get better. Everyday I continue to put on a smile despite the constant harassment and barfights. Everyday I continue to stare at pregnant housewife Levy who is always with loving husband, wishing I was her.

Everyday... is the same old story.

"If you still can't pay your long-overdue rent by tomorrow then I'm afraid you and your siblings will have to find another place to live." the dorm receptionist scoffs.

"Bu- but I—"

"No buts. Just because you're a member of the guild and have lost your modeling career to a blonde celestial mage doesn't mean you get special treatment from us. Move along now." she shoos. "I've got paying Fairy Hills customers to attend to."

With that, I roll my eyes before heading outside where the road leads straight to Fairy Tail. It's 8 a.m in the morning, and I'm late for work. 

Rent price has soared ever since Acnologia destroyed half of Magnolia while Elfman and Lisanna  continue to make barely enough just to feed themselves. It was inevitable. After all, I forbid them from going on dangerous mission to prevent history from repeating itself. Now, I don't even know anymore... How should I tell them their Big Sis can no longer afford their luxury...?

"Mira."

"..."

"Mira, you there?"

"..."

Finally the scarlet-haired woman grasps my arm from the opposite side of the guild's bar counter, forcing me to stop wiping the more-than-already clean glass in my hand before looking into her eyes. "Are you alright?" she frowns.

"Erza... hey. I'm sorry... I just have a lot in my mind right now."

Being the considerate rival she's always been, Erza leans in to whisper, "If it's about the rent money, I can lend you some."

"Whoa." Her mind reading immediately throws me off guard. "How did you know?"

"Mira, please, you and I live at the same dorm, so... how much exactly do you need?"

Despite her good intention, I shake my head. I can't possible borrow money from a friend since it would ruin our friendship in the long run, and even if I were to accept the money, there would be no guarantee that I can ever pay her back.

"Thanks, but I'll manage somehow..."

Unconvinced, Erza sighs as she puts her jewels back. "Then you should at least see the Guild Master after your shift ends."

"That's the plan."

"Well then I wish you all the luck in the world."

"Thanks, Erza."

With that I watch her leave for the guild's exit where Jellal, her fiancee, has been patiently waiting. The two never looked happier. So much has changed since the magic council's final jury, and I'm glad things eventually worked out for them. Really... I do....

Magnolia's clock tower chimes for third time, signaling the end of my 9 hours long, tedious shift. It is also at this time the Guild Master is free. Hence I walk up to the 2nd floor where the huge golden door is.

"Master, may I please request an audience?" I gently knock.

"..."

Behind this door lies the man who everyone both fears and respects. Even just standing outside I can feel his overwhelming presence piercing through the door, and it's causing my hands to sweat, especially with this ridiculous favor I'm about to ask of him.