Under His Roof

"Laxus, I can't do this anymore..."   

Immediately our table has become the center of attention, but Laxus as usual, only stays calm and collected. "You've always put others before you, always neglecting your own well-being in the process. It's only a matter of time."

"..."

"Don't think you can shoulder the the burden of the world by yourself. Be selfish. Know when to ask for a favor." Laxus then pauses as he turns slightly red. "Never thought I'd say something so cheesy, but that's what friends are for, yeah?"

Seeing as Laxus actually cares, I weakly nod.

"Fine, forget about going on missions." He sighs. "Now tell me what I can do for you, not as your superior, but as your friend. Let's hear it."

I still have my siblings to think of, and at this point I would rather let a man take advantages of me with his wealth than continue living my cruel life. Who cares of that mean I have to live in someone else' debt.

"You told me to be selfish, did you not?" I bore my teary red eyes into his flawless emeralds, challenging his generosity. "Then let me stay with you. Let me stay with you until I can afford my own rent."

Laxus seems a little appalled as he sits back and stares. "Sure you wouldn't rather stay with one of your female friends? Erza, Lucy, perhaps?"

"They are now living together with their partners, and I refuse to get in the middle of their romance. You on the other hand..."

"Alright, say no more."

"Huh?" Laxus suddenly getting up on his feet renders me stunned. For seconds I simply watch him put on his thick fur coat until he gestures at me with his head.

"We're leaving."

Walking down the big city my body eventually shivers once more from the cold

Walking down the big city my body eventually shivers once more from the cold. Moreover Laxus who's been walking in front of me is as tall as a giraffe, making his long strides impossible to keep up with.

"Laxus, wait." My voice barely catches his attention. As he approaches my way, His huge shadow gradually erases my presence.

"What?"

"Please... please lend me your coat."

Without another word Laxus squats down to meet my height as he takes of his coat. as he wraps the fluffy object around me, his sharp nose is only a centimeter away from poking mine, and I can feel his warm yet gentle breath across my face.

"Umm, thanks." I eventually look up to find Laxus now in his dark tank top. His well-defined arms are visibly exposed while his shredded chests are pressed tight under his shirt.

"You're welcome." Just like that he pushes himself up and continues to walk, turning his broad back on me once more.

Laxus' kind gesture makes me realize I have no reason to fear him. Therefore as much as I love the front row seat to his unflinching glute, I scurry over to his side. "You don't mind, do you?" I glance twice to which Laxus quickly nods.