Breaking Point- Part 2

"... You're kidding, right?"

"Dead serious." I too lean my face closer, locking my eyes into his. "For 200000 jewels per month you have yourself the most punctual, most skilled, most hardworking housekeeper." Then flipping my hair back I force a wink, "What do do you say, Master?"

His answer is immediate.

"No."

"B-but why not...!?"

Laxus sighs. "Because you're better than that." Then having turned his back on me, he stares back with lighting-scarred eye. "This discussion is over."

I can only watch as the brawny man grabs his coat from the door rack before wearing it like the boss he is. Another word has yet left his mouth. As he's leaving, the light penetrates through from the other side of the door while all hope exits. Until finally the door shuts close.

"Well, there goes my  chance..."  I pout as I too leave the room. To my surprise, standing outside the Guild Master Room is the exact person I've been trying to avoid all day, Lisanna.

"Sis, what happened in there? I heard yelling."

"Sorry you have to hear that" I put my hands on her shoulders, hoping they would ease her frown. "It's nothing, really."

"But Master looked so pissed I dared not even greet him."

Then it occurs to me. I did yell at his face, and what's worse, called him 'heartless' which many many would disagree. But Laxus... he actually handled the situation like a pro. Aww heck. I should go apologize, shouldn't I...?

"Lisana, look, you just worry about paying you and and your brother's rent tonight." I dig my pocket before handing her over 100000 jewels.

"What about you, Sis?"

"... I'll be fine."

It never ceases to amaze me how amazing the big city is

It never ceases to amaze me how amazing the big city is. Compared to where I live, the sight is majestic. Luxury is in the air. The only problem I have is it took me 20 minutes walking from the guild, and my legs are killing me.

Looking for Laxus in this crowd without knowing his address truly is desperate, but what choice do I have since the Guild Master's complete address is confidential? So, imagine my surprise when I actually spot his spiky, golden hair from outside a fancy wine restaurant.