Chapter 10

Miley was visibly shaking as she held the cup of hot chocolate in her hands, Billy wanted to wait for Sam to come back before explaining

Miley was visibly shaking as she held the cup of hot chocolate in her hands, Billy wanted to wait for Sam to come back before explaining. But it was taking a long time for him to come back and Billy wanted to soothe Miley's worrying slightly by giving her a drink. Her mind was still racing with a 100 questions a minute, What was that? Is this a dream? How is this humanly possible? Miley just kept coming up blank with answers no matter what rational reason she tried to find.

At one point Billy let out a sigh and wheeled his way down his home made ramp. Miley knew where or who he was going to look for but she didn't know how she would react when she saw him for herself. Would she be happy? Would she have a panic attack? More questions that needed answers from the one person who up and disappeared. What was he thinking? Is he okay? Those were another two questions that kept kept wondering to herself. She knew he was a monster but..... There's this weird connection or pull telling her to make everything better. Like she needed to make Sam see everything was going to be okay.

But a smaller part of Miley was scared of what he was capable of. She remembered her dad getting all those calls on missing hikers up in the mountains and forest. They thought it was a bear but couldn't seem to find it or any proof other than strands of hair deep in the forest. Someone called it in saying they saw a black bear in the woods but Miley thought it was something ...... instead of someone else.

Mileys mind was racing but seemed to freeze when she heard the old ramp creak. Miley assumed it was Billy and she was partially right, but rather than stay with her like he was before, he wheeled himself to his room. Miley furrowed her brows when the ramp let out another creak and she whipped around to see Sam. He was covered in smudges of dirt, his hair was messed up, and the bags under his eyes seemed bigger and darker.

Don't get her wrong he was still handsome in her eyes but he also seemed like he could break at any second. This man who is tall and built with so much muscle looked really upset and not with her but himself.

Miley hadn't even realised he was looking at her like she was him until her eyes met his straight on. This weird fuzzy feeling filled her so she looked back at her drink and waited. She wanted ...no.... She needed an explanation. He let out an anxious sigh before taking a deep breath and sitting in one of the kitchen chairs. Miley didn't miss the fact he chose the seat closest to her, it made her uneasy but she refused to flinch and show just how terrified she was.

He was looking at the table with a look of concentration, like he could see through it. His mouth opened and closed before he looked at her and finally started to talk. "The Quilete tribe is originally descended from wolves, it has and always will be there job to protect everyone in it. We save them from an enemy they don't know about ....... The cold ones, or another name vampires." He said before looking at her for a reaction.

" He said before looking at her for a reaction