Chapter 1: Welcome Back, AJ.

AJ's POV

I drove to the arena after a very long plane ride about three hours before Monday Night Raw. Once I arrived, I was met by the sight of the Dean Ambrose near the back entrance of the arena. He seemed to be dialing a number several times, but was sent to voicemail. The look of disappoint was apparent on his face.

"Hey, uh, Dean," I greeted a bit awkwardly. "What's wrong?"

"Renee broke up with me," Dean grumbled.

"Don't feel too bad, being independent it's actually quite fun once you try it." I reassured him.

"I was gonna propose." He mumbled.

Wow, that sucks. Imagine being divorced!

"I'm sorry, Dean." I said, frowning.

On a personal level, I could relate. I imagined spending the rest of my life with Phil, but it just didn't work out. I mean, I had to admit, he was kinda stubborn and careless about me. But we were in love, yes, but good things must come to a end. Sadly.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we could hang out," I suggested. "Like old times."

"That sounds good." He said with a smile.

My knees grew weak. Ugh, that smile. I miss the warmness it brought me when I was down.

*Flashback*

"April, meet your possible new partner, Dean Ambrose."

He smiled as he took my hand to shake. "Nice to meet ya."

He seemed warm and welcoming, despite looking all tough. I've seen him around during our days in FCW, but didn't exactly know who he was. I wasn't very fond of working with people I really didn't know, but he seemed different. He had a softer approach.

"Nice to meet you too," I smiled shyly.

Working with someone new isn't going to be hard after all....

*End of Flashback*

Too bad we didn't get to work together in the end. We would've been a good duo...

"Don't keep me waiting, April." Dean said, holding the door open for the both of us.

"I'm coming." I murmured, clutching my duffle bag close to me.

We walked down the backstage hallways of the arena to the locker rooms. Man, I forgot how crazy it was to travel and get ready in a breeze.

"So, what made you decide to come back?"

"Well, all the women here were making history and I wanted to be a part of that to prove some Divas weren't that bad."

"Aren't you the founder of the women's revolution?" Dean asked.

"I guess you could say that." I murmured.

"How did Punk allow you to come back after...you know...?"

So many questions you have, huh, Dean?

"Actually, Phil doesn't make decisions for me," I began calmly. "We, uh, we divorced."

Before he could apologize, I said, "It's okay, Dean. We decided it was best to separate and I couldn't be happier now. He was kinda like an anchor dragging me down from doing the things I love. It was only natural to do so."

Before we knew it, we were at the locker rooms.

"I'll see you later, Dean." I said to the Lunatic Fringe, giving him a little pat on the arm before entering the women's locker room.

I was pretty bad at affection, so a pat on the arm was the best I could do. Besides, giving him a kiss was so inappropriate considering the fact he just broke up with Renee. I didn't want to make the situation seem awkward.

"AJ!" A voice called out happily. "You're back!" I was immediately engulfed in a hug.

"Hey, Bayley," I said to the Hugger, a bit uncomfortable by the lack of air I was receiving. "How are you?"

She let me go and said, "I'm great! You?"

I panted a bit before saying, "I'm a bit nervous. It's been a while since I've set foot in a WWE ring."

"Don't worry, AJ, we'll make you feel right at home." Bayley reassured with a smile.

I have to admit, I'm pretty lucky to have someone like Bayley in my life. She is the epitome of sweet and caring.

"So, do you have a match scheduled for tonight?" I asked the hugger.

"Yeah, it's the third match of the night," She said, fixing her ponytail. "I have to prove I'm worth main event status."

"Don't we all?"

"Not really." Bayley replied with a shrug.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, a bit intrigued.

"Most of us have been working our butts off to earn our place, but some are just bound to be at the top," She began. "It took me years to get to the main roster, AJ. I try my hardest to improve and get respect for what I do. There are some women here that are surely wonderful, but they kind of lack in the ability to wrestle. There's no doubt that all the women here are gorgeous, but having good looks isn't what defines talent."

She sighed, then said, "It just doesn't feel fair that some of us are in the sidelines, while others are being shoved down our throats because they have a mass following of horny teenage boys!" She put her hand over her mouth. "I think I've said too much."

Oh, I know exactly who she is referring to. She's referring to none other than Little Miss Bliss herself, Alexa Bliss. Bliss has been stirring a bit of controversy from not only what I've heard, but what I've seen.

Just as I was going to make a remark, Alexa approached Bayley and I.

"Oh, hey, Bayley!" She greeted with a smirk. She then turned to the title on her shoulder and said, "I'm guessing you're ready to face me, but you aren't ready to get this yet." She pointed at her title.

Before Bayley could speak, I said, "Alexa, sweetie, Bayley is more than ready. I'm pretty sure she can take you on in a split second considering talent isn't sexually transmitted and she has PLENTY of talent..." I added, "...unlike you."

"I don't have talent? AJ, no, Ms. Oldie Lee, you haven't stepped in a ring in years. Someone as washed up as you can't compare to the Raw Women's champion."

By now, I was fuming. Oh, it's on, Alexa! As I was ready to beat the crap out of Bliss, Bayley pulled me back. "She's not worth your time." She whispered.

Alexa just giggled and walked away.

"Keep that title safe, Alexa, the Black Widow is back!"

A/N: Sorry if this is too long. Also, I apologize if there are any gramatical errors.