Chapter 5: Getting The Job Done

AJ's POV

The rest of the week went by fairly quickly. I wrestled a few matches during the tour, then settled into my hotel room to get some rest. I had to prepare myself for Alexa's antics, which honestly do not interest me. I'd rather stay at home and sleep all day than have another match with Alexa.

I heard someone knocking on the door, so I got up and checked who it was. It was Alexa. I sighed. Not her again....

"Speak." I said, demanding her to explain why she was here.

"I just wanted to inform you that my title match is now in a steel cage," Alexa smirked. "It's truly a shame for you, AJ. I don't think your weak, old bones will take it."

"Alexa, please. I'll be able to bring all I've got, unlike you. I'll be able to win over the crowd, unlike you. I'll be able to leave the arena victorious, unlike you."

"Whatever," Alexa scoffed. "Watch out for the ones you love, AJ. You never know when they'll disappear from your life and crawl to me."

I felt like chasing after her and slapping her with all my might, but wiped away my anger. She doesn't deserve my time and energy. Not at all.

I slammed the door behind me and sighed in anger. God, this girl never quits, does she?

On Monday, I was (almost) ready for everything in my path. I hadn't seen Dean all week, so I was pretty excited to see him.

I spotted him at catering and greeted, "Hey, Dean!"

"Hi, AJ," He said with a smile. "You ready for your match?"

"More than ready," I said proudly. "Alexa doesn't stand a chance."

"Good, good," He replied. "I'm decently prepared for what's in store for me. Have to sit in the sidelines now that Kurt is back."

"It was interesting having you as temporary general manager. I wouldn't have this..." I tapped my title lightly. "...without you."

"It was all you, AJ. You haven't changed at all, still the talented little April I know."

Flashback

"It's the Shield!" I whispered to my best friend, Kaitlyn.

"I know!" She whispered back, a smile on her face. "They look good!"

I looked over at Dean, he smirked at me. "C'mon guys." He told his teammates, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.

Dean, along with Seth and Roman, approached Kaitlyn and I.

"Hey, AJ."

"Oh, uh, hey Dean." I smiled nervously.

"You did great out there," He told me. "You got real talent, April, just like I remember. Use it to your advantage and you'll have that Divas title."

"Thanks." I replied, keeping Dean's words in mind.

End of Flashback

Little did I know, I did use my talent to successfully win the Divas Championship and had one of the longest reigns in WWE history.

Even today, I used my talent to my advantage. I'm the Raw Women's champion now.

Soon enough, my music started playing and I skipped out, smiling at the crowd. I entered the ring, raised my title for all the fans to see. I then grabbed a microphone.

"Like my mentor said, I have to use everything I've got to my advantage," I stated as the crowd began to cool off. "Last Monday, I used my skills to rightfully win the Raw Women's Championship from the fanboy favorite, Alexa Bliss. Did she really deserve it? No, not really! I'll tell you what, everyone else in the female roster deserves this title more than Alexa!"

Alexa's theme began to play and out she came, as angry as ever. "Quit talking and let me have my match already, Oldie Lee." The crowd erupted with boos.

"You'll have your match, Miss Priss. I'm the champ now, so I can talk for as long as I want. Besides, I don't need to listen to a shallow woman like you."

Alexa screamed angrily at me, all I did was smile in satisfaction.

She marched into the ring and demanded me to start the match.

"Do you really deserve it?" I asked her.

"Duh!" She said quickly.

"Alright, then you've got it." I handed the ref my title, then the match began.

Alexa attempted to attack me, but I kicked her and knocked her to the ground.

Before we knew it, the whole Raw female roster showed up, anticipating to see the match.

"NO!" Alexa screamed as she got up, frustrated.

I rolled her up in a pin

I rolled her up in a pin. 1! 2! 3!

I exited the ring and grabbed my title. I raised it in victory, a smirk on my face. I grabbed a microphone and said, "Uh oh! Your chances are over Little Miss Bliss! Better luck next time." I dropped the microphone and joined the rest of the women, excluding Nia Jax, as they celebrated my victory.

Once that was over, I headed backstage. I spotted Dean, who smiled proudly at me.

"That mentor of yours sure knows a lot, don't they?"

"Yeah, I'm definitely lucky to have him in my life."

"I'm glad you took my advice to heart. No one really takes it seriously, in fact, you're one of very few people to use my advice in their life."

"Your words are smart and encouraging, Dean," I smiled shyly at him. "No one really compares to you."

"Thanks," He replied, smiling back at me. "How about we go somewhere tomorrow to celebrate, what do you say?"

"I'd like that."

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hoped you all liked it, though it was short!