Chapter 2: A Witty Return

AJ's POV

While everyone was all pampered, I was still waiting for my new ring gear to be fixed and tailored. I adjusted my glasses a bit and looked up to see the beautiful Sasha Banks, aka the Boss, approaching me.

"Hi, I'm Sasha Banks, it's so nice to meet you!" She said, the look of excitement clear on her face.

"I know who you are, Sasha, you're the Boss and one of the top women of WWE! It's nice to meet you too!" I greeted back, extending my hand out to shake.

"What brings you here?" She asks.

"Well, I missed wrestling and wanted to give it another shot, so here I am."

"That's great," She smiled. "I hope we have a match of our own one day. Anyway, I gotta go. See you later, AJ!"

"See ya." I said, watching her walk away. I looked at my feet. I was left alone, again.

"Ms. Brooks, your gear is ready." I looked up to see one of the tailors with my gear in her hands. She handed it to me.

"It's April Mendez, ma'am, but thank you." I said, gazing at the gear in my hands.

"No problem, sweetie."

I grabbed my bag and headed towards the women's locker room. Once there, I spotted the likes of Mickie James and Alicia Fox.

"AJ, is that you?" Alicia asked in shock.

"It's me." I replied, sounding a bit awkward.

Alicia and I were never really friends, so sounding cool and comfortable wasn't exactly on the agenda. She hung out with the Bella Twins and the rest of the Total Divas, while I stayed alone in solitude, just how I like it.

I set my bag down and pulled out a few necessities. I had a new and improved Love Bites t-shirt, but decided on wearing a tank top and some shorts, nice and simple. My Chuck Taylor's were a must, it was a trademark to the AJ Lee brand.

Once fully dressed, I headed out to a lounge sort of area to watch tonight's Raw. A segment between Dean, the Miz, Finn Bálor, and Seth Rollins was currently on.

I watched as Dean began to make bold statements, acting like everything between Renee and himself never happened. I'm proud of him.

A number one contender's match was soon scheduled with Rollins, Bálor, and Miz fighting for Dean's Intercontinental Championship. That'll surely be match worth watching.

The next event to happen on the show was the match between Bayley and Alexa. I smirked and began to head over to the gorilla position. Good luck, Alexa, but you're not getting through this web I spun just yet. I grabbed a microphone and began to watch the match from a monitor.

I watched as Little Miss Bliss began to skip around the ring. She then grabbed Bayley by the hair and slammed her face against the barricade. Bayley fell back weakly, but Alexa yanked her up and rolled her back into the ring. Alexa, with a smirk, pinned Bayley, but the Hugger kicked out at two. 

The 'Goddess of WWE' screamed in frustration, then got up and began stomping the back of Bayley's head ferociously. Alexa headed toward the turnbucles and delivered a Twisted Bliss to an exhausted Bayley. Alexa, in hopes of retaining her title, pinned the Hugger. Bayley barely kicked out at two. 

Come on Bayley! Show Bliss who the real champion is! 

"Just give up, Bayley!" Alexa yelled, pulling on Bayley's ponytail. "We all know who the best champion is!" 

Bayley pushed Alexa away from her and threw a punch to Bliss' jaw. Bayley swooped Alexa off her feet and quickly pinned Bliss. Alexa kicked out. 

Bayley brought Alexa up to her feet, only to receive a kick in the gut. Bliss pushed Bayley against the ropes, then striked her in the face with an elbow smash. Before Bayley could hit the floor, Alexa grabbed her and hit her with a snap DDT. 

Alexa pinned the Hugger. 1! 2! 3! She won. The 'Goddess' raised her title in victory and smirked. Alexa headed toward the end of the ring and requested a microphone. What was she up to?

She brought the microphone up to her lips and said, "Boo hoo! Bayley lost, big deal. She actually thought she could beat the Goddess of WWE? Yeah, right. Hate to break it to you, but I'm the best female competitor of the whole women's revolution. No one can beat me!" 

The crowd erupted with boos. 

"I don't care about Bayley or Sasha Banks or Charlotte or Becky Lynch. I'm not afraid of them!" She added, rolling her eyes at the crowd. "They can't touch me, no one ever will." 

"Think again, Alexa." I whispered to myself as my theme music began to play. The crowd began to cheer hysterically. I did my usual entrance, then smirked as I approached Alexa. She was not happy.

"Alexa, sweetie, the Raw women's championship is for competitors who can actually face a challenge..." I began. Alexa screamed angrily at me. "...and wrestle." The crowd erupted with cheers as Alexa began to rage.

"You're wrong, AJ!" Alexa yelled into her microphone. "Unlike you, I didn't retire. Unlike you, I didn't leave the company to be with a washed up man."

"If you want a challenge, fine," I said calmly. "I'll see you try."

Just as Alexa was going to reply, Dean's theme song began to play. The crowd cheered. Dean was in charge of Raw since Kurt Angle wasn't here tonight. Perfect.

Dean walked over to me and asked into the mic, "You two want a match?"

I nodded as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, Ambrose!" Alexa said, irritated. "You're so aggravating!"

"Nah, I'm not listening to you, shorty," Dean told Bliss, then turned to me and repeated, "Tonight?"

"Yeah," I said firmly. "It'll prove that I'm not worn out and talentless like some people." I looked over at Alexa. She gave me a smug look.

"It's settled then! AJ Lee versus Alexa Bliss tonight for the Raw women's championship!"

"WHAT?!" Alexa screamed. "You can't do that! She doesn't deserve it!"

"Neither do you. The match is final, I'm the boss tonight." Dean dropped his microphone and headed up the ramp and backstage.

I winked at Alexa, then skipped up the ramp. It was all or nothing tonight. It's time to prove all the people who doubted me wrong.