Stingue: Childhood

Requested by the amazing pikachu JuliaVeronik8

"Phantom lord is gone?" Rogue asked, voice breaking.

"Yeah sorry tough luck kid." The door was slammed in his face.

No. No. No. No. No! Why? Phantom lord was the strongest right? He is a member of the strongest guild. Well was a member. It just wasn't fair!

What about Gajeel? Gajeel said he'd always have his back, but where was he now?

Rogue's face darkened and he kicked the brick wall. Again and again and again. Why did phantom lord vanish? A kick. Why did Gajeel abandon him? Another kick. Why-

"Hey what did the wall do to you?" Blinding white teeth filled Rogue's vision making him cringe.

A boy around his age stood in from if him, light blonde spiky hair, and royal blue eyes, he had a thin scar across one eyebrow and a crystal earring in one ear.

"Nothing. Just felt like kicking it." Rogue muttered and sat down on the curb.

The boy sat down next to him. "Well that's not very considerate of the wall's feelings."

Rogue looked at him. Was he being serious?

"Are you serious?" Rogue asked.

"Of course, apologize to the wall." He said like it was the most obvious course of action.

"I'm not apologizing to the wall." Besides the wall had it coming.

"Why not?"

"Because it's a wa- you know what never mind." Rogue sighed and turned around. "I'm sorry wall."

He beamed. "You see that wasn't so hard."

"Your weird." It just popped out of Rogue's mouth.

The boy snickered. "I'm not the one kicking a wall for no reason."

"It's not for no reason." Rogue protested.

"Then what's the reason?" He asked leaning back a bit and looking at Rogue expectantly.

Rogue looked away crossing his arms. "None of you business."

"Come on tell me." He poked Rogue's side. "Tell me, tell me, tell me."

Rogue swatted his hand away. "Fine. My guild disbanded." He mumbled.

"So that's why your so mopey. That sucks, but if you don't have any where to go you can stay with me. Oh I'm Sting by the way."

He smiled. "Rogue."

Rogue not Ryos, the guy's at Phantom Lord had given him the nickname Rogue, so he was gonna stick with it.

"One day I'm gonna join the strongest guild ever, to prove to the world that I'm strong, that I was raised by the strongest dragon there was." Sting pointed a thumb to his chest proudly.

Rogue's head snapped around. "Wait did you say dragon?"

"Yep, I'm a dragon slayer, I was taught by a dragon."

Rogue's eyes widened. "So was I."

"Cool." Sting said. "We were both raised by dragons."

Rouge crossed his arms. "But Skiadrum was the strongest dragon there is."

Sting scoffed. "No way, Weisslogia's the strongest."

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah huh."

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah huh."

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah huh."

"Stop, we're getting no where with this. Let's just agree to disagree." Rogue said.

"Kay." Sting swung his feet back and forth.

The door behind them flew open. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY WALL!!!"

Uh oh. Had he really kicked it that hard? Oh would you look at that. There was a foot sized dent in the wall.

The man's face was red with fury. "Your gonna pay for that kid!"

"Yeah or what?" Rogue couldn't stop himself. Maybe it was the horrible day talking but he didn't care, a fight would be welcome.

The man lunged at him, before Rogue could move Sting was in front of him and white light surrounding his fist. The man flew back into the wall.

"Hey what the hell are you doing?" More people came out, five of them all in front of Sting and him.

"Shadow dragon."

"Holy dragon."

Shadows and white light flew around them before swirling together and forming into an orb.

"What the-" Sting exclaimed.

Rouge's eyes widened. He'd heard about people talking about in in phantom lord before. Th-they where doing a unison raid!

The orb flew into their foes and exploded upon impact sending them flying.

Sting and Rouge could only watch dumbstruck.

"What the hell was that?" Sting demanded.

Rogue sucked in a breath. "A unison raid."

"Huh." Sting said hands on his hips. "That must mean our magic works well together."

"I guess so." They stood there in silence for a bit.

Sting looked at him. "Wanna meet my cat?"

"You have a cat?" Rogue.

"Yeah."

"Cool."

A/N: Thanks Julia for the lovely prompt! I hope you like it! This is how I think Sting and Rouge would've met. All requests are welcome! I'll do ships of all nature, straight, gay, or just friends. Whatever you want!