Chapter 3

Some people say that I'm in love with her and I guess that's correct if love is never wanting to stop talking to someone. I just feel that if she loves me, she wouldn't have kept this from me. Especially because it's not only her child. I guess I should tell you how the entire situation of me finding out about this mystery daughter went down.

It was an early Saturday afternoon. We were cuddling on her couch listening to music with the tap-tap-tap of rain hitting the window in the background. Secrets by OneRepublic came on and she started to cry. She cupped her face in her hands and I pulled her close to me.

"Tori, Tori, what's wrong?" I asked, stroking her hair. She looked up at me and wiped her eyes.

"I've been keeping something from you for a while now and I feel you should know..." She sniffled and dropped her head to look at her folded legs.

"You can tell me anything, babe, you know that," I reassured her, tilting her chin up and pushing her long brown hair from her face. She grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"Kellin, I have a daughter..."

"A-a-a what?" I asked her, in a bit of shock.

"I have a three-year-old daughter, Kellin."

"But we dated three years ago..."

"I guess the condom broke." The puzzle pieces all started to fit together but there was still one question left on the table.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I didn't want you to leave me so I didn't risk it."

"Well, by not telling me, you risked it even more. Call me when you know how to not keep secrets from your best friend. Goodbye, Victoria." That's the day that I lost the love of my life, my best friend, and my daughter that I never knew about. I haven't heard from her. Not a call, not a text, not a letter, not even a glare. Maybe she's scared that I hate her or she hates me because I stormed out in rage. Either of these things are possible, but I just want my girls back.