Chapter 4

It's been days since I've talked to her and crying alone in my bedroom isn't on my agenda anymore. Not that is was before but still. I miss the sound of her laugh and the smell of her perfume. I miss how we would sit on the couch and go into deep conversation then go back to pushing each other and goofing off seconds later. I miss how she would lay her head on my lap while I played with her hair and we would talk about everything. I miss when she would say that she loves me and really means it. I miss when we dated and I could kiss her whenever I wanted. I miss her.

Is it appropriate for me to call her after I stormed out like that? You know what, I don't care, I'm calling her! I pick up my phone and dial her number as quickly as I can.

"Hello?" I hear her sad voice from the other end of the line after two rings. I can picture her sitting there with dried tears on her face and her eyes being puffy and red. The mere thought of her crying breaks my heart.

"Tori?" I say with sorrow in my voice.

"Hi, Kellin. What do you want?" I hear her voice crack as I imagine more tears falling down her cheeks.

"I want to apologize and see if you wanted to meet up to talk."

"I can't. I'm watching my daughter."

"I want to meet our daughter."

"You're joking, right?"

"Why would I be joking? Meet me at our spot in twenty minutes." I hang up before she can refuse and I start getting ready. I just hope that we can have a civilized conversation.