Entry #1

"Don't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive." ~Elbert Hubbard

Dear Diary,

Why am I writing this? Why am I sitting a my desk at 2 in the morning writing my feelings on a stupid piece of paper? Why am I alive? Why do I have to live? Well, I can answer a few of those questions. 

I am writing this because my mom told me to try it. I'm sitting at my desk at 2 in the morning writing this because I can't sleep. I am alive because my parents made a mistake. I am a mistake my dad did not want to live with so he left.  I have to live for my mom. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. We live in a crappy apartment, and she is at the hospital at least once a week. I still go to school, but skip often to work. I'm failing all my classes because at any spare moment, I am working to get money to feed myself. Luckily, my Aunt and Uncle are helping with the hospital bills. If they weren't, I probably wouldn't be able to have my one meal a day, sometimes even two. 

That quote is stupid. Yea, the one I put at the beginning. Because I have to take life seriously. I have to, or I'd be dead. Right? Maybe I'm exaggerating. I don't have time to not take life seriously. Eventually we all die so why did he say we won't come out of life alive?

I don't know. 

Sincerley~ Me