Chapter 65

CHRES' P.O.V

As Ava walked out of room, I picked up my phone and dialed Ben's number. It rang twice before he answered.

"Hi", he said simply.

"Hey, so look, I can't sell the drugs anymore."

"What? Why?", he asked.

"Ava somehow found out and she doesn't want me doing it. I don't want to do it either. What if something happens to us?"

"Nothing will happen. You're safe working for me. I can assure you that."

"Don't you think you can find me another job? I know that if I do, she'd just leave me and she might take Cayson.. I really can't keep doing this", I pleaded.

He sighed,"Fine. I'll find you another job only because Ava and the baby need to be taken care of. It'll be a job from home and you can work from your computer. I need you to stay home with her."

"Oh yeah, about that. She had Cayson about two weeks ago."

"Nobody told me?! Im coming over the-"

"No don't. Brenda & Cameron are here visiting him."

I face palmed myself for saying that. Im not sure he knew who Cameron was yet.

"Who's Cam-"

"I've got to go. Goodbye."

I hung up the phone and made my way to the living room. Ava was sitting next to her mom on the couch talking to Cameron. A feelings of jealousy went through me. Ava noticed me standing there and she smiled. She got up and led me to the one-seated couch and made me sit down before sitting on my lap.

She leaned back and whispered to me,"Dont be mean."

I smiled,"Hey Brenda." I looked at Cameron and my smile dropped,"Cameron."

He looked at me and gave a small smile before speaking. "Um.. Can I hold Cay?"

I cringed at the use of him using the nickname we gave Cayson. Before I could say no, Ava spoke before me.

"Of course.. You're a part of the family now", I saw her smile. "But you have to go wash your hands."

After Cameron left the room, I lifted Ava off of me.

"What are you doing?", she asked.

"What do you mean he part of the family?"

"He's marrying my mom. We're going to be seeing him all the time now, Chres. Im not going to argue with you about this. This isn't my choice okay?"

I got up,"Im going to talk to him."

Brenda looked up quickly and shook her head,"Mm mm. Nope."

"What?"

"You don't know how to have a civil conversation. You're going to scare him", she said.

"I promise I won't. I just want to clear up the air, especially if he's going to..... Be a part of the... Family."

"Okay then."

I made my way to the bathroom and right when I got there he came out.

"Um.. Hi", he awkwardly said.

"So I heard you're going to be a part of the family", I said.

"Yeah?"

"And we are going to be seeing each other a lot. The football game is going to be on next weekend. We should go to the bar or something?"