Chapter 10- Off with Her Head

"Too much. I've clearly had too much..."

Toffee shut his eyes. She'd go away in a minute. It was a sick effect of drinking swamp water and the fact he'd just seen Eclipsa's frozen body a few hours ago. There was no possible way she could be standing in his room. However, her voice rung clear to his mental objections of her presence.

"I'm not a hallucination. I'm using up my magic reserves to send a projection of myself here." she snapped, in an angry huff. "You should be grateful that I came to see you. It's not easy."

"Why me?" Toffee questioned, re-opening his eyes and sitting up to face her. Out of all the things she could've done with such great power, why had she chosen to waste it on him?

"I saw you with my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter when you came by to visit me earlier. Glossaryck can be such a downer, he didn't even let me say hello." Eclipsa explained. Toffee suddenly realized why Glossaryck refused to keep his eyes off her. He was suppressing her magic and preventing her making contact with them. "It was still great to see you both. Moon is so much like me. I can't wait to see her again."

"You won't ever get to. You're never getting out of that crystal."

"I won't be there forever, dear. I hope to be out real soon."

"If you think I'm going to help you break out, you've come to the wrong monster."

"I didn't come here for your help." she claimed. However, there was a tick in her expression that seemed very insulted by the fact Toffee had just flat out told her no. As a queen, it was not something she was so used to hearing. "—But, if I was, why are you continuing on with such vicious loyalty to a kingdom that will never accept you, anyway? You should be honored to help me! I fought for equality."

"You fought for yourself, using some pretty iffy methods, and ended up imprisoned for life." Toffee rebutted. "I may have sunk low, but I refuse to go any lower."

"My, my, you certainly weren't in this state a few hours ago. Something dreadful has happened, hasn't it?" Eclipsa laughed, cruelly. Toffee tried to hold onto his anger, but the cruel laugh with Moon's inflection stung him too badly. He cringed a little in agony. "Let me guess, they found out about you and my darling granddaughter and took care of it, before she could end up like me."

"It happened. Nothing can be done." Toffee stated, flatly.

"Well, of course something can be done. Why do you think I'm here?"

"To torment me?"

"Don't be silly. I've come to help you." she insisted, although nothing she'd said had verified that was her intention all along.

"How do you expect to do that?" he questioned, with high doubts that she could accomplish such a thing. Eclipsa smiled in a wicked way Toffee could tell had no good intentions. She had obviously been waiting for him to ask.

"I'm going to give you my secret to immortality." Eclipsa revealed.

"How would that help me at all? It would just make this already wretchedly long life of mine stretch on for eternity." Toffee muttered, grimly.

"Don't you understand? If they cannot kill you, there is little they can do to stop you from taking what you want." she elaborated, with growing excitement and passion. "It's all about power, Toffee. Why do you think the Butterfly have ruled Mewni for thousands of years?"

"I don't have magic like the Butterfly's though. I've got muscles and the ability to regrow limbs, but that's basically it."

"Magic is great because you don't always have to be born with it to use it. In your case, all you need is a wand."