II

Maybe he has a death wish, I thought to myself as his lips tilted up in a mocking smile. I pressed the knife closer to his throat, making my intention clear if he didn't comply.

"You won't do that."

A low growl reverberated from my throat 

"Try me."

"I'd love to," he smiled at me, I could feel his hand move so it was just barely touching my hip," Don't you feel it?"

"Feel what?"

His eyebrows furrowed together and his smile faltered. What's he talking about?

I lost concentration for barely a second. Goddess, he's fast. He twisted my wrist around so I would drop the knife, completing the maneuver by turning me around and grabbing my other wrist so I was powerless and contained.

Stupid Beta.

"I'm going to ask you one more time," he whispered harshly in my ear, his voice so dark it almost scared me. Almost.

"Then you should hurry up and ask, I don't intend to stay here long."

He pulled tighter on my hands, I could feel him getting angrier and a small shiver was sent through my spine.

"Don't you feel it?"

I didn't reply. I didn't know what he was talking about. He growled at my silence and flipped around, pushing me roughly against the wall so I was cornered.

"What's your name?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"What's your name?"

"November."

"November," he whispered under his breath in a softer tone. My eyebrows furrowed together and I tried wriggling free. What's with this guy?

"My Alpha wouldn't be happy with your hostility towards me," I lied, putting all my cards in this last chance to get away.

"And my Alpha wouldn't be happy with a rouge in his territory. Looks like your imaginary Alpha will just have to cry about it to his pretend Luna," he let go of me and waited for me to turn to face him before asking," Do you want that lunch?"

"Uh," my eyebrows furrowed in response to his question. He let out a huff and pulled me into the kitchen before sitting me down at a table next to Ethan and a blond haired girl. Luke's sister was stacking some dishes in the cupboard and he went and said something in her ear to which she pointed at the dishes before going up the steps by the door.

Luke put some plates away while stealing glances at me. He made a point of looking at the ham and cheese sandwich in front of me then back at my face. I looked at the girl next to me. She smiled and said something uninterpretable through the mouthful of food, making her brother elbow her and tell her to 'hushy'.

Eating the sandwich and turning away seemed to be the best option at this point.

Soon enough Nova came back down with a teal sweater and dark jeans. I eyed it suspiciously as she set I down in front of me on the table.

"The showers upstairs and to the left when you're done. My bras won't fit you so take your time while I run to the human town to get you some in your size."

I couldn't help staring at her. Why would she be doing this? I've gone months without bras. Clothing means nothing to me.

Luke came over and pulled me to stand. The pups stared at us while he took me up the stairs.

The bathroom was big enough with very happy little decorations like a flowery shower curtain and a basket of ducks and boats and dolls. Luke kneeled on the fluffy bath mat while he tested the water.

"There," he shook off his hand," That should be good. Alpha Mike will be here in an hour so try to finish up before then. His mate is pregnant so it'll be a bit harder to convince him that you're not dangerous but I think we can manage."

I stayed silent and stared down at my jeans and empty knife holder strapped to my leg. He stood up and walked out, taking his time to close the door behind. 

The moment that door shut, I turned the shower on. The hot water went up. The cold turned off.

The clothes fit would fit me. The sent would suffice for getting me out of the territory and I could leave them at the river. That's where we will meet. Until then, I have to get out of this bathroom.

Steam filled the room completely by now. I pushed the window open and took one look at the ground 2 stories below me before taking a deep breath and jumping.

I've learned that the less you look the easier it is to do.

I call it faith.

Right now, faith's got me rolling around on the ground. 

Only a few times before I got up and started running as fast as my legs would go. That guy in there is insane and I don't need him coming after me. I'm sure his scent is all over me as well. The Beta's scent combined with a Beta's sister should be sufficient to hide me.

The thought was proven when I walked right out of their territory. Not a scratch on me and not a wolf on my trail. I took a deep breath through my nose to pick up on the other's smell. 

East.

Luke's POV

"How did you let her get away?"

"I don't know."

"I told you to hold onto her until I got here. Then we would discuss her staying here."

"I know!"

"Then where is she?"

"I don't know! Don't you think this effects me?"

"Luke, I know she's you-"

"Shut up."

Mike sighed and ran his hands through his hair, a habit he'd renewed his commitment to over the last few years. His human mate was a real kick in the gut to him. They took a minute to get used to each other.

"Go."

"Excuse me?"

"Go find your mate, Luke. Bring her back to the pack."

"Thank you, Alpha."

My heart started beating harder at the thought of leaving the territory for any reason at all. I'd never left the Jade Forest territory for anything. It's my home.

"Remember, she's a rouge. You can't predict what she'll do. She has no control of her wolf. She has no laws."

"I know."