Chapter 6: Family Complications

A/N: FINALLY! I GET MY ANGST YO. Or at least, some family angst. You'll find out when you read it. 

Matthew Williams POV:

Watching him drive off, I looked down at the bunny he won and gifted to me. In all honesty, today really was a fun day, and he really doesn't  seem to be a bad person. Walking back to my house, the door swung open and I was immediately tackled by Alfred. 

"Bro, where were you? I was so worried!!" 

Pulling back from his death-like grip, I frowned. Judging by his voice, he seemed as if he was crying for the past few hours. His voice was clearly raspy, and he was shaking uncontrollably.

"I...was...out with Lars, remember??" 

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he let go of me, but put both his hands on my shoulder. "Why are you hanging out with someone like him? I thought you hated his guts??" 

Not meeting his intense gaze, I shrugged. "I..don't know...He honestly seems like a good guy..." 

"What do you mean 'He's a good guy'?! HE'S the one wanting to SELL your RINK, and make a big fortune out of it?! What's going on with you?!" 

Pushing him away, I argued, "No, what is wrong with you?! You're acting so defensive right now!" Clutching my rabbit, I toned it down a bit. "He's my friend, Al." 

Snarling, he snapped. "Yeah, so you're just going to give everything up just for him?! Fine, be that way. But don't come back crying to me when you have no rink to skate on." 

Taken aback by his anger, I gritted my teeth. "What the heck is wrong with you?! Your attitude has been crap ever since I came back, and you're worried about the rink?! Like, I just came back from a nice, fun--"

"'Fun?!' What the heck dude?! He's clearly setting you up so he can sell the property and just leave you! Don't you see his ploy?!" 

"Dude, what's gotten into you? We both know that he would never do that!"

"And how would you know? Just because you spent a day with him your view completely changes? That's really flaky of you, Matthew." 

That was the last straw. "You know what, fine. You want to know the truth? I don't care. I don't care about this whole situation. I can choose I trust, I can choose who to believe. And frankly, I don't seem to believe you anymore. You're acting childish for Pete's sake! I don't know what the heck your problem is, and frankly, I don't care anymore. I'm tired of your attitude, and if you're going to be that way, fine. Just don't come crying to me if you have no one else to take your anger out on." With that, I turned on my heel and ran off, tears streaming down my face. Holding the bunny tighter, I felt the rain beginning to fall. Crap. There was a high chance of precipitation this evening, so this was normal. Slowing down just a bit, I kept running. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew that I had to keep running. Before I knew it, I  found myself out of breath, in front of an all-too familiar house. Wiping the fresh tears away from my eyes, I took a deep breath and trudged forward. Pressing the doorbell, I took a step back and waited for an answer. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, Emma, long time no talk. Is it OK if I stay for the night?" 

To be continued....

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter this time round you guys! When this was published (September 4), school was literally the next day, so I just wanted to squeeze one more in there before I am swamped with homework again. I'll try to update, however, there may be no guarantees until the next coming break I get. Sorry, but I hope you have enjoyed reading this so far!! :D Until next time!