Chapter Five

A lot happens when your back is turned.
—————————————————————-
"Wake up, you potato! Dinner is ready!" A voice called from the kitchen.

Groaning, Natalie sat up, mumbling incoherent words as she got off the couch.

"Food," was all the groggy seventeen year old mumbled, as she dragged herself over to the kitchen, not even bothering to open her eyes fully. She hasn't known who had called her over, but the only thing on her mind was food.

This caused Dean to let out a loud, hearty laugh, nearly doubling over from how hard he was laughing.

As if on cue, the front door opened and in walked Mary, right in time to see her half asleep daughter walk into the kitchen door and Dean howl in laughter, he was laughing to the point of tears.

"I'm not even going to ask," the mother deadpanned as she shook her head.

She made her way over to their liquor cabinet, past the ombré-haired girl who was getting off the floor, already continuing her way to the kitchen but this time opening the door and walking in.

A mouth watering smell filled the noses of the two females as the kitchen door opened, releasing the smell.

"Have a seat at the table. I'll get the food," Dean said, finally calming down from his laughing fit.

The two nodded and sat down, asking each other about how the other's day was.

"Roasted Parmesan Chicken and Tomatoes. Enjoy," Dean said proudly, as he set the two plates in front of them, then getting his own and sitting down as well.

"Oh my god, this is heaven!" exclaimed Natalie, moaning at how delicious the dish was.

"God bless you, Dean Walker," the blonde woman said as she ate, obviously enjoying it.

"I'm amazing I know," said the man in a faux  cocky manner, this caused the other two to chuckle.

After finishing their dinner and cleaning up, they decided to go to the park that was next to their house.

"It's just how I remember, old and rusty. And one day, those swings will be the cause of death of someone," the tall man said, chuckling to himself.

"It's not that bad," Natalie said as she sat down on one of the swings. As her mind wandered off, she didn't notice that it didn't even last for not even a minute. A yelp left the girl's lips in surprise as she landed on the harsh bark with a dull thud.

"You were saying?" Dean said mockingly, as he laughed at Natalie, whose face flushed with embarrassment.

"Whatever," muttered an embarrassed Natalie.

All of a sudden, she felt herself being lifted off the ground by strong arms as they wrapped around her and twirled her around.

Screaming and laughing at the same time, she begged him to put her down. All the while Mary was taking a video of them and chuckled to herself at their antics.

Any onlooker would think of it as a cute family moment.

Unless you're a psychotic stalker.

You're going to regret this, the man thought, his eyes glued on the teenage girl.

——————————————————————

It was midnight when the Walkers got home. Wishing each other a good night, they walked to their rooms.

And as Natalie entered her room...

Closed the door...

And expected just another warm night full of reading the books she loved after a lovely day full of lovely surprises...