Chapter Seven

Obsession will rot your mind and lead you to madness

__________________________________

Another sleepless night went by for the Walkers.

Natalie didn't sleep from the fear of waking up from a nightmare and finding the cause of her terror in front of her. Dean didn't sleep from the fear that that sick bastard might come back and try something. And last but not least, Mary didn't catch a wink of sleep from the fear that she might lose her only child at any given moment.

It's scary just how fast everything changed, not even giving the poor family a chance to adapt. If any of the people who knew the Walkers were to see them now, they would be left speechless. Everyone knew them and it was very rare for any of them to be seen with anything but a smile.

But there you have it folks, the all mighty Walker family, the people who are known for being strong, fierce, kind and just generally happy and calm people, were now anything but.

Natalie, having lost all the fierceness and witt, was no longer that happy, go-lucky girl she is known to be. The light inside of her was slowly dimming. The only thing left of her old self was a mere hollow shell.

As the girl laid on her bed, staring at her ceiling blankly, lost in her thoughts, a wave of guilt came crashing upon her.

Why did I have to drag mum and uncle Dean into this? Natalie thought feeling more and more guilty by every passing moment.

With tears streaming down her cheeks and a lump forming in her throat, Natalie closed her eyes and let herself drift off.

"Who the heck is shaking me?"

That was the first thing to pop into Natalie's mind when she started to regain her consciousness.

"Wakey wakey princess," a gruff and deep voice said as he continued to shake her.

When he heard her groan, most probably in annoyance, he backed up and grinned widely.

If only she didn't come to. Because then her senses wouldn't be going haywire and she would be tugging at the ropes that held her down.

She tried to scream at the man, but, to her horror, she realised that her voice was gone. Panic was the first thing she felt soon followed by fear and lastly anger.

"My sweet Natalie. Finally you're mine," the man said; that sickeningly sweet smile never leaving his lips. Oh how she wished she can just wipe it right off his face.

He tried to caress her cheek, but she didn't let him lay a finger on the only part of her she had control of. She turned her face away, making his whole demeanor change. His grin was no longer present. Instead, a frown was in its place.

"Don't do that," he whispered, hurt obvious in his tone.

He tried again. He just wanted to caress her cheek, but he got the same reaction, just with a death glare.

The wounded look on his face suddenly turned into pure fury. But then, not a mere second later, his face became void of any emotion. His face was just blank now, and that made him even more terrifying. This man is already very unpredictable, and the only thing that actually helped Natalie to somewhat know what he was thinking were his facial reactions.

"Let's just get this over with," the man murmured in a dull voice as he walked over to what looked like a closet and opened it's door, dragging a limp body out of it.

A wave of nausea washed over Natalie as she recognized who the person was, and at that moment Natalie found her voice again.

"Mum...?"