1:Dusk...

AU: The King Loves Fan Fiction: Wang Rin+Lady San/Romance.

Wang Rin positioned himself at the mouth of tiny cavern monitoring the worrying aggressiveness of the unexpected storm

Wang Rin positioned himself at the mouth of tiny cavern monitoring the worrying aggressiveness of the unexpected storm. Though the horizon was lost through the thick of the towering trees, there was no doubt this was just the very beginning. The wind howled hauntingly from the hills, bringing with it cold, bitter air from the mountain top.

He shivered and glanced briefly over his shoulder at San gathering wood for a fire. Instinctually he turned back before smiling. Beautiful and strong....although it had been a trying day she continued to persevere. First, with the bandits, then both of them, somehow getting lost in a forest he thought he knew and now the storm...

Being exhausted, wet and hungry... they have to survive a night, together.It was by some miracle that Lady San spotted the cave from the main path. A small place they could hide from they could hide until the rain stops...

Why was everything working against him? The longer they were together the more he felt like he was being suffocated. His heart swelled and throbbed with a terrible ache...
Idly his hand slowly came up pressing his fingers to his chest to calm the sensation. The soaked fabric clung to his chilled skin, but he still massaged anyway. It must stop, this feeling...must stop.

Why would the prince send him and not come himself? Rin feared that his majesty had noticed his emotions seeping out. It was so hard to control them around her...

" Hey..." The sudden sound of her voice caused him to pivot. He gazed at her attentively but remained quiet.

" Come away from there" San waved her hand. " You'll catch your death."

When did she start a fire? Had he been dazing off so long?

" Yes," Rin answered softly. He stiffly wandered over, careful not to make eye contact and sat himself uncomfortably on the bamboo mat she had placed by the fire pit.

" It's nice..." She mused warming her palms over the flames.

" Not too close," Rin warned, forcing back his want to move her hands away.

" She is to be returned to me...without a scratch." The prince's voice ringing loud and clear through his thoughts. A harsh reminder. If he fails, even though Rin was his Majesty's only friend...would pay severely. For The crowned prince's sentiment for San was far greater than for their friendship and Rin knew it.

San's dirt smudged face smiled. The first he'd seen in many days. " You are always so anxious...do you ever relax, Rin?"

It was a fair question...though he felt so uneasy about her asking it.

" I suppose I do." He admitted. " Though I am rarely in a position to be comfortable."

Like this moment...

Her slender brows slacked. " Not even now? "

Could she see it? How he feels? He swallowed back his nerves and tried a lighter approach.

" This," Gazing around that the dark, damp environment then back at her. " Is hardly comfortable."

San snorted a laugh.A brilliant glowing smile, that shined more than the sun. "True. Though it could be worse..."

" Worse?" Rin asked. Worry and concern taking over again. For a second, he was almost at ease.

" Yes," She began with a more somber tone " I could be here, suffering such heavy burdens...alone."

Rin could not temper his heart. It beat wildly rebelling against his commands seeking to be closer to her.

Everything became harder, forced and tense.

Had he gone mad? Did he dare have these feelings for her knowing she was the crowned prince's first?

His eyes wandered over her face, her brilliant smile. And at that moment he knew...he was lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading. If you liked, please leave a comment or hit the shiny star. This way I'll know if you want more!

Cheers