Rory

I stretched out my arms as I woke up to see the morning sun creeping up outside my window . I smiled to myself as I remembered last night events . Perfect was the only word that came to mind . It was perfect , it wasn't too much , it wasn't too little , it was perfect .

We cuddled on the couch and watched Netflix and ate popcorn . And did I mention he gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek before he left . I guess I was sort of swooning over him , but I can't help it . I also can't get over how much he's changed . Once he was the kind of guy who wouldn't even consider going to a dinner party at anyone's house , even mine .. now he's going to dinner parties at his exes house ..  willingly .

When we were dating Jess never wanted to go anywhere with me . Yeah , he was all for spending time together alone which was perfect and amazing but at the same time I wanted to go somewhere other than Luke's apartment . He never wanted to go to Stars Hollow events with me , he never wanted to go to my grandparents house , he didn't even want to go to parties with me . So I'm not gonna lie , that was a bummer at times . But I always put up with it because of how amazing our time alone was I guess

But I just can't let go of this feeling that he's different now , that he's changed .

I woke up from my daydream and dragged myself out of the covers against my own will . I opened my door to see my mother sitting at the table reading the newspaper intently with a cup of coffee in her hands .

" Hey , sleeping beauty " she said looking up at me and smiling .

"Hey mom " I said enthusiastically while grabbing the coffee off her and taking a sip .

"Umm , the coffee pot is over there , no need to be rude to your mother who raised you , might I remind you " she said with a pout on her face .

"You'll make more " I said taking the other half of the newspaper .

"So how were things with Jess last night , he seemed keen " Lorelai asked me obviously letting the whole coffee issue go so she could ask me about the Jess thing .

" They were good , really good " I said thinking about the evening .

" Oh yeah , doesn't he have a girlfriend though ? " Lorelai asked me confused .

" No , actually , they broke up " I said suddenly feeling bad for Jess , thinking about how he must be feeling .

" What ? Why , fill me in "

"She'd been cheating on him and he found out the other day , he weirdly didn't seem that torn up about the whole thing , but still , I wouldn't mention it " I said making sure my nosy mom wouldn't stick her nose into this issue .

" I won't say a word , And he seemed alright ? "

"Yeah he was okay , he seemed good actually " I said while filling up a coffee mug .

" Well we all know why that is " Lorelai said smirking to herself as if there's something going on in Jess' life I haven't been clued in on .

"Apparently everyone except me " I said raising an eyebrow at her and sitting down to face her .

"Well he's obviously way into you , he still loves you Rory it's too obvious " my mom said like this is a common knowledge around stars hollow .