Final Author's Note

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." – Carl Jung

I hope everyone enjoyed the ending. The reader is somewhat left in the dark to interpret the end as they wish:

Was Pacem truly in a new world and is now trapped in a dream?

Or was she dreaming the entire time to escape her own issues in reality?

These are the questions that I want to be asked.

I've always been so curious about the future. The idea that I won't be able to experience all of the scientific advancements yet to come, makes me want to devise my own. This is essentially why I fell in love with the Science Fiction genre.

Sci-fi  is also a vehicle to address real social-political issues which is something that I have tried to convey in my book with the reference to South Africa. I am a South African in a post-Apardheid society and although we now claim to be a rainbow nation, South Africa is still suffering from tension and racial divide from both sides.

But most importantly, the novel is a coming of age story. It shows Pacem's transition from girl to adult. Her strength of character develops towards the end, to demonstrate her transformation and growth. I believe all people facing their journey into adulthood can (or will someday) relate to the experience of feeling alone and lost. I felt the need to write about it because at the moment I am going through this transition into adulthood myself!

From the comments, I have also come to realize that everyone has developed their own personal understanding of the story and I'm glad that people have taken the liberty to delve deep into the narrative and see what lies beneath the surface.

NB!
I will be uploading a second draft in January, so if you have any input please don't hesitate to tell me ASAP! I have a lot of feedback from reviews with regards to the beginning but I'd love some thoughts on the second half. Is something that you feel there isn't enough of? Let me know!

Thank you so much to everyone for reading. ❤️ I have really poured my heart and soul into this book and I appreciate your support more than you know.

XOXO

Writergirl4life19