Chapter 18-Lovers

We all went back to our rooms when it started to get dark

I'd asked Malvin to teach me how to use Jeremiah's sophisticated television. Apparently anyone could used it  anytime they wanted.
I was dying to try it out.

He said it was connected to the entire area and all you had to do was swipe your hand.

When I got back to the dorm, I swiped the screen and a flashy interviewer in a blue suit appeared in front of me.

"Tell us what happened that night," he asked.

"Well, I opened up my home to them."

It was Dante.

"You mean Miss Creed and Mr Maxwell?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "I even gave her fresh clothes to wear but as soon as she got the machine going, she was determined to take it for herself."

"What use would you have had with the machine in the first place, Mr Groove?
Am I correct in saying that the machine would only work for Miss Creed?"

"Yeah, but we were going to strike a deal. Find a way to use it for some good." I rolled my eyes at that. "Then she drugged me and took it for her own motives."

"My sources says she drugged Mr Maxwell too."

"I guess she was afraid of him in the beginning," he said. "But I could tell it wouldn't last. I'm not surprised they're working together... they seemed connected."

I flinched, remembering when Alluna had said the same thing about us.

"My sources say that you've sent several private search parties out to find Miss Creed. What's the plan when you find them?" The interviewer asked.

"When I find Pacem Creed," He looked into the camera. "I'm going to kill that bitch and make Jake watch."

I quickly swiped my hand to change the channel.

I'd known that Dante had been angry, but that seemed a little extreme.

I tried not to think about it and focussed on the new image in front of me.

An old lady was sitting in a news-chair, wearing a purple suit. Seated in the chair opposite her, was a woman in flowing clothing that I didn't recognise.

"Today we have Miss Turner with us-a fine art specialist who majored in historical paintings. Miss Turner," Ugly Suit Lady said, "you've been examining Pacem's artworks. What can you tell me about this picture?"

The abstract work I had done with Jake appeared on screen.

"Well Lauri, this is definitely not her usual protest piece. First of all, the location is completely concealed and hidden from the public. If it was meant for protest it would be out in the open."