prologue (must read before chapter one)

His dark brown hair swayed as he walked in ,every blink sent a shudder down my body .He had no furtive ways rather sweet ,honest and humble .He wore a black leather jacket which looked to be heavy.His eyes, light sky blue with a tint of green , pale skin and rosy lips.

As he walked passed me he passed a gentle hand through his thick luscious hair.

 I could smell his strong musky scent from a mile away. i savored the smell by taking a deep breath.

Was it bad to be looking, even though he was out of my reach, even though I could not have him?     

He wasn't like the others who picked on the weak, just because they could. He was kind and caring from what I could see.

I personally did not know him but spectated his every move . I was just a teenager in love. Honestly what is the meaning of love? I had never loved before nor was I loved .

 Just the emotion itself had been described in such a mystical way. The thought of love makes my heart melt as well as seeing the one I love.

For me 'love' is not that simple.I could not be with him and he could not be with me,I don't see why he would want to.Hypothetically speaking if we were to be together one or both of us would be killed by them without a split second of a thought .

You see , we are a secret kind of species living among the humans. They don't yet know that I am one of them nor will i ever tell who i am .

My mother died to protect me , she didn't want me to be involved with such creatures ,I am obeying her commanding by not associating with them but if I had the chance I would, I have a desire in my heart to be seen as one of them , to be part of a group who will accept me.

My grandfather before leaving told me that we were from the tribe of the aayikie (ayikay),that memory has been cherished ever since.

Of course I don't fit in with the humans and their strange ways but I try. I even go to high school in which I saw Nathan ( described at beginning). Our love would be forbidden , not that he loves me or anything.

You see to these teenagers I am known as an outcast , and  would be seen as an vicious animal if they knew my secret , if they knew the real me. Its hard enough now even though I have adapted to their ways. The ayayikie know that I am one of them however you cant be part of both, my mother wanted me to be with the humans.

The aayikie have a Strong hatred for humans, I would have been killed if it wasn't for my father being the leader of the aayikie.

 My mother and father never got along , there marriage was not by choice however was to create peace between the humans and wolves which of course went downhill after I was born.That's right i am half human. I was given a choice my mother or my father, after witnessing all the violence i chose to live the human life.