chapter one

As I walk into class I hear laughter, Aayikie are the only wolves with extremely sharp hearing.''Omg Lizzie , look at this one, to think we breathe the same air'' the whispers are obviously about me however I try to ignore. Anger is what triggers it - triggers the turning which I have not yet experienced. I don't know if I ever will , me being half human.

I quickly get settled down, sitting at the back of the class, its simply just more relaxing , not being seen. The power of invisibility is not necessary for me . 

''OK open your books to chapter 12 , you two there be quiet '' Mrs Tingle is by far my favourite teacher. As I open my science book to chapter 12 pg 98 Nathan bolts into the classroom.

 His eye swollen shut surrounded by dark black and purple with a hint of green.

 From then on the 'good boy' image had been erased from my mind ,but thinking again maybe he got into a fight for a good reason or maybe it wasn't his fault.

'' For what reason are you late'' staring at his face she says '' Do I really want to know '' shaking his head putting his full attention to the ground  he walks back to his seat.

 Whispers and mummers are exchanged. I feel sorry for him.

The lesson is then carried on . I stare at the clock counting down each minute until finally the bell rings. ''You are dismissed'' says Mrs tingle. By now every one has started to to talk to each other which turned into shouting.

 I grab my bag after standing up . The friends who usually approach Nathan  are now gone .

 The saying your friends know who you are when you rise but you know who your friends are when you fall really applies to this situation luckily I don't have any friends.

I bolt out of the classroom rushing to the next , being late isn't an option for me Mrs James isn't very fond of me. I'm not a rich kid like the others.

On the way I see Nathan entering the boys bathroom , maybe to shed some tears. I wish I could figure him out , but how will that happen if he doesn't know I exist.

I carry on walking to science , Mrs James gives me a cold evil look. She talks but I block out any sounds. I stare around the classroom , girls fixing their makeup boys with their hair, has it really come to this.

 I couldn't care less about the way I appear to look but the t-shirt I'm wearing already shows that.

 Isn't it just a waste of time, spending hours glamorizing yourself.

I think so much sometimes I have a mini debate in my mind. The only reason I last through the lesson is from doodling and thinking plus the whole ease dropping thing is very entertaining. That's the only way I found out Amy had a nose job , Natasha still loves her ex and Courtney is having a party Friday night to which of course I was not invited.

As I carry on doing my own thing I feel a hand on my back , a large firm hand. I look back to find Nathan

 ''Have you got a pencil I can borrow?'' he says in a deep husky voice.

 Without replying I pick up my backpack and start rummaging through it, once I find a pencil I pass it.

 ''Thank you'' , ''Your welcome''

That's probably the first conversation we have ever had,heck that's the first time I have ever interacted with a male.

After that lesson ended all I could think about was Nathan. The look he gave me , my cheeks turned hot and red from shyness at that moment ,it will never be forgotten.

Finally break arrives. My head could use the rest. I take out my drawing book and start to doodle,one pencil stroke leads to another until my imagination creates an image.

 Drawing and writing in my journal is the only way I can escape from this world and enter another , my imagination can go wild to which there is no limit.

What makes it even worse is to know that I could be part of another world , I could have expressed this side which the humans find strange if I had decided to go with my father. Even if I had gone with my father I would feel the same for the other part of me.If only I could be accepted as both this wouldn't be so hard.

Sitting alone I wait for the bell to ring.

 lessons ,lunch , more lessons go buy each hour I can not retake pass.

 I walk home everyday thinking about the aayikie , each of us has our own power which Is unique to them , I wonder what mine is. Maybe its flying or mind reading or laser eyes, endless possibilities.

All I hear is the sound of children playing, car engines making loud sounds until i enter the ally in which the only sound is when my shoes hit the ground step after step , I hear the whispers of the wind. It is like that until I get round the corner , my house is now a block away. I finally arrive to at the front door step. ''Granny is everything OK'' i wait for a reply.

 ''Oh yes dear, I left you some food on the kitchen counter'' 

 ''Ok gran''

I have lived with my gran ever since my mom passed. She is my whole family. Shes human and knows I'm half wolf but we ignore it. Shes been furious at them ever since my mothers death. Never have I ever thought of bringing it up in conversation , it would break her heart to think I'm some how connected to them in anyway.

I walk  towards the kitchen to see what gran cooked for me today.  I sit on the table staring at it, it had been a long day. Today she made jacket potato filled with creamy butter and a thick layer of melted cheese, on the side she left me a piping hot cup of tea and next to it some scones. I start to dig in.

After finishing I sit by gran for an hour , watching our favorite show Sherlock Holmes. In this episode hes finding a furtive serial killer. He concedes and the show ends. Fatigue builds up in my body so I walk up the stairs in a jagged way until I get to my room. I sit on my double bed on the ashen coloured duvet and pull out the book I'm reading. At the moment its divergent chapter 25 . After that captivating chapter has ended I close the book and insert it back to its place on the shelf.

After getting comfortable under the soothing duvet I allow myself to drift away, the slow and heavy  blinks begin  until all I see is darkness.

I awake in the same way I fell asleep , tired, heavy blinks. After counting to three I force myself to get up. I open the curtains and the window to get fresh air into this small room I practically live in. I grab some clothes to wear, its Saturday so gran will probably ask me to get groceries. I bolt into the bathroom and get undressed after locking the door . I turn on the shower and get under it and squeal a little and wince until im at the other end of the bath tub , the water was ice cold . I wait for the temperature to rise then start scrubbing my naked body clean. As soon as I finish I grab the towel, wrap it round myself and rush back into the room.

After changing I go downstairs , gran had already made me a shopping list. ''First get the groceries, bring them back and then go have some fun''

 '' OK gran , i'll be back in five minutes''

I grab the grocery list and exit the house. I glance at the grocery list , written on it is : two loaves of bread, a carton of milk , butter and cake mix.

I hurry in going to the store , the sooner this is done the sooner I can have some fun. I go through all the store in search for these items when is see Nathans parents, its most definitely them, I recognize them from parents day. Ignoring them I go to pay for my things.

 ''How much that be'' I say putting all my attention to his parents.

 ''That Will be $15 miss''

 I pay and grab the grocery bags. By now they have already gone.

 I make my way out of the store and jolt back home. Gran gave me the key so I unlock the door , give gran a quick hug, then put the groceries in the kitchen.