Part 4

We got back to Lexi's house within the next hour. She bought me a pack of my fav, the Original and Raspberry flavors of Smirnoff Ice. We sat in the backyard of her house and drank both packs of beer. There's not a lot of alcohol in the drink so we weren't drunk at all.

"Lex are you scared of college?" I asked.

She too another sip of her drink and thought about it for a couple of seconds,"yeah a little. But I know you're going to be there with me so it's more comforting."

I smiled and took a sip of my drink. We sat outside for another hour and decided to go back in.

"How are we getting drinks tomorrow?" I asked throwing the bottles away.

"We should just go to different places and buy them like that. We shouldn't be buying it all at once." Lexi washed the dishes quickly and threw them in the dishwasher.

"I'm excited," I said.

"Me too! Maybe I can find myself a boy," Lexi said laughing. We started walking up to her room to get ready for bed.

"I'll be your wingman," I played along with it because who knows. We got ready for bed and laid down on her bed. We turned the tv on so we could watch a movie.

"Oh we should text people to come over." I said.

"Like from our high school?"

"Yeah."

"Nah, let's just forget about them. They were fake anyways. We can meet new people tomorrow night when they come over."

I locked my phone and put it to the side,"you're right."

"I know I am," Lexi said turning on her side facing me. "So tell me about Nate."

I looked at her, "he's good. Why?"

"Because I feel like you've been avoiding the subject this whole night. Are you guys okay?" Lexi knows me better than anyone and can sense that there was something wrong.

"Honestly Lex we're fine, I'm fine, and the relationship is fine." I started to sound defensive and at this point she knew something was up, but she did say anything.

"I believe you, I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Yes I'm fine," I turned around to check my phone. Nate had texted me.. great.

"Call me when you can." -Nate

I got up from the bed and told Lexi that I'm going to call him.

"Why what's going on?" She asked

"Oh nothing I just wanted to check on him."

She looked at me weird. "Okay."

I walked into the backyard, sat down on one of the pool chairs and called Nate.

"Hello?" Nate sounded upset when he answered.

"Hey, babe what's going on?"

"I think you know what's going on."

"I honestly don't," did he figure out about the party?

"Lexi texted me and asked if I was coming over tomorrow. And when I asked her what was going on she said she was having a party. Were you going to tell me this or were you going to try to hide this from me?"

"Nate, I was going to tell you we were just so busy--"

"Busy with what it's not like you have a job or anything better to do."

"Nate."

"Oh and if you think I'm not coming, oh I'm coming so don't pull any weird shit on me okay?"

"Okay."

He hung up the phone fast. I buried my face in my hands and tried to bring myself up so that's Lexi doesn't see what I'm actually feeling.