Part 6

The rest of the time, Lexi and I kind of kept to ourselves. I got a text from Nate right before we got our food. I ignored his text at first and then I got a call from him. I ignored that too.

"Are you going to answer that?" Mikey asked.

"What? Oh-uh yeah I was going to answer that after we ate." I responded stuttering. I got a text right after from Nate telling me to respond right away. I pressed the lock button and tried to have a positive face.

Again, I got another text from Nate saying I don't want to know what will happen if I don't answer him. I got up from the table and walked outside to call him back.

"Hey babe," I said.

"Hey? I've been calling and texting you! God, why can't you just be responsible for once?" Nate said through the phone.

"Nate I'm busy right now. I already told you on the way here that I was going to be with some people." I started pacing.

"Yeah, but maybe you should've waited for me to respond."

"Nate, I don't need your permission whenever I go out. You don't own me."

"You know what? You do whatever the hell you want. If you're going to act like a child don't talk to me." He hung up the phone and for the first time I felt relieved that he ended the call like that.

"Hey," I heard someone say from behind me. I jumped because I was caught by surprise. I turned around and saw it was Mikey.

"Oh, uh what do you need?" I asked.

"You just seemed off at the table, I wanted to know if you were okay." He said. He really seemed concerned for me. What does he want from me?

"Thanks but I'm fine," I put my phone back in my pocket and started walking back into the restaurant.

"Wait Kaitlyn," Mikey said reaching out to me. I pulled away so fast and angrily.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to anger you!" Mikey said defensively.

"Well you should know one thing about me and it's that you don't mess with me. Don't you EVER touch me again." I walked back into the restaurant and smiled at Lexi.

"What was that about?" Lexi asked.

"Oh nothing!" I said trying to sound as perky as I could.

"You seemed kind of upset when Mikey went outside. Did he do something to you?" She asked

"No it was nothing honestly." Our food had come to the table when I was outside so I started eating. Mikey still hadn't come back inside. When he finally did he came back with a charger.

"I wanted to actually make it seem like I went to the car to do something." Mikey said to me quietly. I nodded and kept eating. 

-

After we all ate we were just hanging out and talking for a bit.

"Oh so where is this party going to be at?" Michael said to us.

"My house," Lexi smiled, "Tonight is going to be pretty lit," she said cheering a little.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"What does she really mean by "it's going to be pretty lit"?" Mikey asked leaning towards me.

"There's going to be alcohol," I said leaning towards him. No one knew except him so we had to keep it a secret. He smiled as if he already knew the drill.

"And bring extra clothes just in case you guys want to go swimming or whatever." Lexi said. She looked over and winked at me.

"I'm a little dead," I smiled and said under my breath.

"What time should we be there?" Devin asked.

"8:30-9ish," I said. Some of them looked kind of surprised.

"Why you guys have never been to an actual LA party?" I said starting to get excited because they get to experience it first hand. Perfect timing because it's going to be at Lexi's house this time.

"Well I mean the only other person who's probably been to a house party in LA would be Mikey." Chance said. Mikey took a sip from his water and agreed with Chance.

"How are you guys getting there?" I asked them.

"They're probably taking one of the vans because there's a lot of them." Allyson said.

"Well I think we should go since we need to get the house ready." Lexi said starting to get her stuff ready.

"Yeah there's a lot of decorations we need to put away just in case," I said laughing. All the guys looked at each other confused because they didn't know what to expect. "What do you guys have planned for the rest of the day?" I asked Mikey.

"Well some of the guys are going shopping but I was just going to chill in my room until later because I don't want to spend my money right now.

"Well why don't you come with us?" I asked. I was just trying to be nice since he has nothing else to do.

"I mean if that's cool with you guys." Mikey said, "It's not like I have anything else planned.

"Yeah you can help us set up," Lexi said as she pulled out her car keys.

"Oh get it Mikey," Michael said.

"You can come too if you want," I said to Michael.

"Oh um," he got really nervous because he didn't know if that was okay with Lexi. I looked over at Lexi and she gave me a nasty look.

"Sure," she gave a fake smile.

"Awe how cute it's like a double date!" Allyson said.

"Actually Kaitlyn has a boy friend. They've been together for a year and a half. Right Kait?" She looked at me as she put her bag over her shoulder.

I hesitated to respond, "uh yeah a year and 5 months actually." I saw I chance put his hand on Mikey's shoulder and whisper something to him. I didn't hear him but all I saw was Mikey agreeing with him and looking a little down from when we first met.

"So are we going?" Lexi asked.

"Yeah," I took a deep breath as we said our good byes to each other.

"See y'all later!" We said as Michael and Mikey followed us to Lexi's car.

"Damn, that's one nice car." Michael said as we walked up to it.

"I got it for my 18th birthday," Lexi said unlocking it. She immediately opened the roof so that by the time we pulled out the roof was completely open.

"So do you like live in Beverly Hills or something?" Michael said leaning forward from the backseat. I sat in the passenger seat while Michael and Mikey sat in the back. 

Lexi rolled her eyes," No I'm not a spoiled rich girl you think I am." Lexi said.

"Her family is pretty wealthy but her parents don't want to live there. They think it's too risky."

"So they're more low-key. I like it." Michael said. I looked at the side mirror and saw Mikey leaning his face on his arm where his it was resting on the side of the car. His hair was blowing in the wind and it looked kind of graceful. I didn't really get a good look at him during breakfast because I at the time I didn't even want to hear his voice. 

He wasn't that bad looking. He was actually kind of cute.. wait no. I have a boyfriend; I can't think like this. But my feelings for Nate are starting to go away. I'm just afraid of breaking things off with him because I wouldn't know what he would do if I did.

What am I feeling?

-

So I'm thinking of having like a certain day when I specifically upload because I want to space it out and I wanted to be able to have a week to write a long and decent chapter for you guys. I'm thinking of Friday's for Because of You.. what do y'all think?