Chapter 2: Convince

A supernatural magnet.

A supernatural, danger magnet. It was the only explanation Bella decided, how was it possible to simply stumble into a new vampire? Well, the stumbling part was most definitely a given considering her inherent clumsiness, but a vampire?

Couldn't the universe at least mix it up a bit? You know, add some variety to her near death experiences.

Seeing the vibrant red eyes caused the shock of the last few hours to finally catch up to her and Bella succumbed to darkness. Hopefully she didn't smell good to this vampire as well. She didn't feel like being a blood bag.

-o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o--o-

"Come on, come on Siobhan. The one time I need you and you don't pick up the phone."

Gazing at the girl nestled in her arms Maggie recounted the meeting of her mate.

*~* Flashback *~*

With over a century and a half of experience it was a wonder that this, this, was her first time travelling on her own without supervision. An adventure, a chance to prove her independence in the coven and have some fun as well. Maggie loved her covenmates. She did, really. It's just, they could be so over protective. Completely, absurdly over protective. Sometimes it was a wonder they actually allowed her to hunt by herself within their own territory, they acted like she was still a human babe and not a blood sucking, ferocious vampire.

Though to be fair that overprotectiveness was the main reason she was actually able to go off on her own. The coven had been dealing with a few nomads, who had been hunting in their territory without their permission and were getting too obvious in their stalking. Which made Siobhan and Liam nervous as they didn't want to draw the attention of the Volturi, so were attempting to chase the nomads out. Trouble was the nomads seemed to quite like the southern Ireland wilderness and it was getting difficult removing them.

That was why it had been a surprise when Liam spoke up and suggested Maggie should visit England for a short while. Just long enough for the problem with the nomads to be sorted out. It would give Maggie the opportunity to do a little traveling on her own, whilst still being close enough for them to reach her quickly if anything were to go wrong. It also meant Maggie would not be in harms way if the nomads became serious about a fight over territory.

But! Maggie was not going to look a gift-horse in the mouth and grabbed the offered mobile phone, wallet and papers needed to sail across the Irish Sea to Wales and sped out of the house. She didn't even bother to pack clothes or take the car; she could get all that in England - a bit of shopping in London sounded like great fun, or maybe a trip to an English coastal town?

Even as she ran down the road Maggie couldn't help but feel she was in some sort of hallucination. Siobhan had willingly given her permission to go out. By herself. Without supervision!

She had to be gone quickly before the coven leader changed her mind and decided it would be safer for Maggie to stay inside the territory, or never leave the house until the nomad problem was fixed.

London was the first stop, shopping on Bond Street; window shopping the jewelry stores and old antiques. Then hopping onto a train down south. She had always wanted to visit one of the old Victorian piers.