Silhouette of Her

Today is just an ordinary day. I woke up early to watch my mom prepare for breakfast.

"Mom, why are you smiling?" I asked her as she walk to the kitchen.

But she only smiled as if she remembered something.

"My baby will be the happiest when she see this." She said packing a lunchbox.

She's smiling but I can see pain in her eyes.

I hugged her and whispered, "I love you mommy." But she just smiled again.

She was preparing something when someone knocked on the door.

"Tita, andito na po ako. Labas na po tayo?" A guy asked.

"Sige Iho, lalabas na ako!" Sigaw naman ni mommy.

"If only I can come mommy. Hindi ka mabobored." I said but Mom didn't hear it.

Pagkalabas na pagkalabas ni Mommy, I ate what she left for me. Isang jar ng cookies. Mom really knows how to make me happy.

Pumasok ako sa kwarto ko at nahiga sa kama. I was thinking a lot of things. Why am I here? What am I doing here? What is my purpose here? Who am I? What am I?

Yes. What Am I. I don't know why Mom never sees me. I talk to her but she seems to not to know me at all.

One day, I woke up inside this room without knowing anything.

And it has been 3 years. 3 years of staying in this house without being able to go out. Whenever I try to. I can feel force and as if I am walking and suddenly bumped into a wall, I fall. I don't know why.

Late at nights, I would here my Mom crying. And all I could do was watch her cry. I cant hold her. As if my body was just an air. Hindi makita at hindi mahawakan.

She was crying while saying, "Please bring back my daughter." That's when I realize What and who I am. I am merely a ghost who can't leave this house. I am GHOST.

I woke uo feeling light. And I don't know why. Binuksan ko ang bintana at nakitang may bagong lipat. In my 3 years of existence wala pa akong nakitang tao sa loob ng bahay na yan. Malaki pero walang laman.

Then I saw a woman walking with all the eyeglasses and the lousy shirts. What is she wearing? Oh my God! Para siyang si Betty. She looks like a total baduy.

Pero mas ikinagulat ko ay ang pagtingin niya sa akin. Can she see me? I stared at her to make sure she can really see me.

Then she smiled and waved at me.

She can see me.

ON THE OTHER HAND,....

"Hayne Valdemoso. A fan of sad endings. Pleased to meet you all. Please don't mind me and just continue living your life to the fullest. Isipin niyo na lang na swerte kayo at buhay pa kayo." I said and walked back to my seat.

I was once a fan of romance stories but when that incident happened my world turned black. I can't see any fucking light.

"Mister Valdemoso, is there a problem?" Our teacher asked me.

"None at all Ma'am." I smiled at her.

I lied. Everything is wrong. I am not okay. And will never be okay.

The woman I wanna be with is no longer here with me. Ang babaeng minahal ako ng sobra pa sa sobra, ang babaeng ginawa ang lahat lahat mapasaya lang ako ngayon ay wala na.

Isa akong gago. And hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko dahil sa ginawa ko.

"Putang inang buhay to." I whispered.

"Bakit ba parang bwisit na bwisit ka na sa buhay na ito?" A girl in thick glasses askdd me.

Tinignan ko lang siya at diniretso na sa harap ang tingin ko.

I missed her so much. Gusto ko na siyang makasama. I need to apologize to her.

"Layuan niyo ko. Pagod na ako." The girl beside me whispered. While closing her eyes and holding a rosary? What the hell is wrong with this woman?

"Are you taking drugs?" I asked her. Pero hindi niya ako sinagot. She is too busy praying.

"If I were you don't look to your left. You'll be shocked." Sabi niya. I looked to my left and saw nothing pero may naramdaman akong kakaiba. Malamig na may parang nakahawak sayo.

"What was that?" Tanong ko sakanya.

"Class dismissed." Sabi ng professor namin kaya naman tumayo na ako.

"I can see ghosts." She said.

Itinaas ko ang ulo ko para tignan siya. She is still sitting beside me. And what did she just told me? She can see what? Ghosts?

"Bata palang ako nakikita ko na sila. Hindi ko alam kung paano o bakit ako ang napiling biyayaan ng ganitong kakayahan." She said.

Hindi ako sumagot dahil hindi ko naman alam kung ano ang sasabihin ko.

"By the way I am Nisyel." She said and went out.

"Nisyel." I repeated. Her name is beautiful.