Chapter 1

Six's P.O.V

I'm hungry. I need food- Or I won't last much longer. I guess on my way to find food I should probably find a way out of this living hell hole. I have the nomes to help with that. "So.. I know where to get around in this place- but.. How do I get past all those monsters. Any ideas?" My nome friends shake their heads 'no'. Oh, and to make things easier, there's two nomes. They're Billy and Bob. Bob is shorter than Billy.. And to say the least, more abscent minded. But I love them both. They're the only friends I've ever had, though they don't talk much.

I decided that for the sake of their lives, to leave them in my little suitcase- I don't want them to die.. and at least they're away from the monsters. I ate some bread, and began my journey.

~time skip because we're lazy~

On my way to a different area, I heard what sounded like a girls scream..? I don't know. It's either a girl or a boy who hasn't hit puberty yet. I followed the sound of the deafening scream. Damn, if there was any glass around here it would probably be shattered by now.

I found the source of screaming.

oh crap. The janitor is here. In my eyes, I see what appears to be a boy, being dragged across the floor in a cage by the Janitor, I kinda feel bad for him. Six, you need to keep going. Only care about yourself. keep going... But, I feel as if this boy has some kind of importance in my journey of escaping this disgusting, cannibalistic place.

I need to save him.

I ran up behind the Janitor, to distract him so I have some way of helping this boy. I screamed "HEY, NOODLE ARMS! COME N' CATCH ME!" I ran for my life.

Seven's P.O.V

My everything hurts. I'm screaming bloody murder, this thing dragging me across the room in a cage. I was scared for my life- I had no idea what to do.

I was screwed... Or so I thought? I saw someone or something run about behind the creature that was dragging me to my doom. They screamed "HEY, NOODLE ARMS! COME N' CATCH ME!" So many things are running through my head. Why is this person saving me? Are they male or female? What is this place, why does that thing have such long arms? Am I gonna die?.. Am I already dead? What the heck??? Should I be scared or flattered that this person is practically risking their life to save my useless one? I'm so confused. But, something about that person. I want to find out more about them. I think it's a girl.

I want to be her friend.

But how?-- The long armed creature started running after her, as she was running, she threw a key next to my cage. She motioned for me to pick it up and unlock it. I did as told. As soon as I got out, She screamed "RUN!!!" So I did. I caught up with her, and we hid under something that looked like a murder device. A few minutes after, The thing left being too lazy to try to find us. Is it blind? "That was the Janitor, watch out for him." The girl in the yellow raincoat said. "Thank you for uh.. saving my life back there." I said, breaking our awkward silence. She nodded. "Does she speak? What's her name?" I thought to myself. Or I thought I did. "Six." she said.

"pardon?"

"You asked my name. My name is Six."

I thought to myself for a moment before giving her a response. "I did?"

"Yes, and you rudely questioned if I can talk. Of course I can talk! I'm human too. Or so I think."

"Well aren't you just a little bundle of sunshine?" I replied sarcastically.

"It's a gift." She smirked. I returned her smirk with a smile.

"Oh, wait.." She paused. "what's your name?" "Seven." I simply said. She then stated "Well, nice to meet you, Seven." I don't know why, but my cheeks grew a tint of pink when she said my name. I like her voice, it's cute. And now I'm making sure I'm not saying this out loud. Wait-- did I really just say this to myself? What is this sorcery?!?

My thoughts were interrupted soon after by Six putting her hand out for me to shake. I was hesitant at first, but soon enough I gave in. "Seven?" She questioned. "Yeah?" I nervously replied not knowing what she was going to say. "Why do you seem so nervous? Are you shy?" I slowly nodded. She then stated, "Don't be so shy, I don't bite much."

'much'. That's what sent a shiver down my spine. Am I really safe with this girl?

Word count: 806 words