Witch's Tent..............

Welcome to my tent. My shop has jade stoned beads and a crystal ball that has your name. Even in the inside mess of my various artifacts, I am here to tell your fate. Being located here, at the far back of all the fun and colours of the rest of the fair, my reputation or rather my existence is not well known. I am only shady to most. However let me guide you to my location. You'll find me in the darkest place, where the fair jubelee comes for an abrupt end. There you'll see a ragged looking tent. Its uniqueness is its old age and in the number of rat holes you can count. Most people don't recognise it or simply...avoid it. But I am here for business as any other selves. So why should I waste my opportunities? Ahhh...you ask what I offer? What I sell?

What is sold here is blood oaths and semi miracles. Lies and truths, love gained from certain herbs, sedated hatred and induced misery. Sabotage of a rival, death or sickness on your enemy, a cat's tooth for tragedy, misfortunes for the cheats, the predicting of the unpredictable future and reading off of the darkest pasts, poison in a glass vial, infants in a glass jars, secrets that your heart yearns, war on lands around, or a sacrifice for peace. Remedies for incurable diseases, even powers to control. There's just so much possibilities to what I can do. Yet most of you dont believe. And my tent often stand lonely for being....a fraud's den.

It is hilarious. Fraud. Treachery and me? Humankind, in the eight thousand years of my life I've only known one being to be the master of treachery- humankind. Such a sinister art yet your the best artists. To vow and then to break, I had customers like that- all who paid most gruesomely.

Ow dont worry! I am much fairer than the ice-cream vendor or the cotton candy maker at the front. I dont cheat you for your money or jeopardize you to gain. Thats your job to do to one another. I am only a way maker. As long as you choose to be honest on this trade I have nothing to punish you for it. Now onto my point.

Witchcraft and alchemy- such practices are only myths to many. You have your science, logic in your papers- in your words the truth. I laugh at your confidence and in your scepticism. Logic. Eight thousand years in my life I have observed it being rendered and changed for whatever it is. Your petty kind searched for it- engaged in mad chase to unravel and ravel what was already in this haggard lady's pocket. I didnt make it my nature to inform. It was your chase and I had no gain from being involved. So you see I have it here, in this tent however unappealing it is.

My business have suffered many times just for the aura of it. How are things now, the truth can be shameful but my customer counts are low. A worried face once a month or twice a week, the randomness of business boom doesn't work with me. And then you ask who would come here any way? The desperate ones of course!

You should have seen your kinds eyes when they enter, their mind already in the realm of darkness. What can it be that they need the assistance of black magic?

Petty things. Human materialistic heart is unable to ambition for anything better. I don't mind. It only means the job will last an hour and results will be easy to process.

You'll be surprised how ridiculously high they want to pay for a small ounce of evil in their fate. A copper coin for a cat's broken tooth or two nickel for a curse. It goes on. Cheap? Not really. A copper can be dirt's worth outside this chamber but here....no code of commerce is ever valid. Look out. You may be giving away silver in the name of copper.

Now now dont condemn. I am nothing if not fair. In the long history of my job I have seen customers of so many kinds-with so many needs.

I had brothers coming at different times to wish one another dead, I've had merchants ask me to write fortunes for them, I've seen kings and princes come and seek to expand kingdoms beyond the reach, I had mad men walk in for power and lust and Holy monks requesting to sabotage each other for a very holy rank. I have accepted each one of these guests, each face I remeber with clarity, their problems all so amusing. So much hatred, anger, vengeance, greed... your world is as rotten as my tent.

Don't brag of your human dignity here. This witch has seen beyond the flesh of your hearts, have pried into the dark desires and your sinful wants. All those who came already had a devil for a pet in their hearts.

So I welcome you, your vile wonders can seek refuge here. In fact I encourage it! Maybe most of you just walk by my tent and get offended by the scent of strong incense and smoke irritating your eyes and of course the obvious stench from my tent rags. But don't be discouraged. Beyond all that dread there is the treasure worth a hundred moons and nine morning suns. There's more to it then meets the eye.  

So when desperation will hit you, do drop by.