Chapter 1 : Her multi-tasking skills always manage to amaze me.

Hey There Lovely People!!!! So this is my first book on Wattpad. I’m super excited about this. I’d love to hear about my book from you all. Hope it doesn’t suck…Please let me know if it is well written and feel free to send me messages about the book. Probably you can also suggest a few changes. Love you guys. Do Vote, comment and Fan!!

Love Ya

Chapter 1 : Her multi-tasking skills always manage to amaze me.

“Wake up Caroline! Wake up it’s your first day at your new school; you don’t want to be late today, do you?”  Mom screamed at my face when I was totally lost in my dreams.

“Yawn! Huh? Yes mom, five more minutes”

“Five more minutes, are you crazy? It’s already 7:00! Your bus will arrive at 7:45 according to the school timings. I have to pack your Tiffin, iron your uniform, tie your ponies, and yes, that reminds me of your hair. You have to have a shower today! How are your hair going to dry?”

“Mom relax. I’ll be fine” I said as I got up from my bed. I went to the bathroom, completed the essentials and came out with wet hair. My mom dried them up for me while still cursing me. She packed my Tiffin and even as she was keeping it in my bag, she managed to give me one of her five minute lectures. Her multi-tasking skills always manage to amaze me.

“You are fourteen years old now; still you haven’t learned to do basic things. I have to manage the whole house Caroline show some mercy towards me”

I didn’t really know how to respond. I guess adults are very good at such please-show-some-mercy-towards-me dramas.

As I left my house I waved a good bye to my dad, I saw the bus arrive and naturally was very excited. I bid farewell to my mom through the window of the bus. I was the first one to get on the bus and that left me with a feeling of accomplishment of some great reward!  The bus driver seemed very friendly but my mom had always told me to keep away from strangers so I didn’t talk to him.

“What is your name my child?” the driver asked in a rather sweet tone.

“Caroline” I replied instantly.

“You are new in the school right? Which class?”

“Yes, I am in Eight standard” I said. Silence followed my words. The noise of a few children ended the silence and I placed my bag on my lap and sat down comfortably. Two girls joined me as they spoke chirpily about their holidays.

“Hi! I haven’t seen you around. Are you a new comer?” the girl with cute plaits asked me.

“Yes” I replied “Hello, I am Caroline Grey, standard eight” I said as I leaned forward to shake hands and the general instinct of befriending everyone was clearly visible to the girls.

“Hi, I’m Ana, and she is my best friend ‘Future Miss Universe’!” she said pointing towards the other girl. Surely she did look pretty enough to enroll for the title of Miss Universe! With long blonde hair and blue eyes she could easily beat any supermodel on the ramp. Even at this age. But and had quite contrasting looks. She had brown shoulder length hair which perfectly matched her brown eyes. She was slightly tan.

“Come on Ana. Hi, I’m Katherine.” She said as she shook hands with me.

“In which class are you guys” I asked simply out of curiosity

“Both of us are in eight standard too! But I am in division A and Ana is in division B” Katherine said, disappointment quite visible through her face.

“That means we’re together!” Ana exclaimed and raised her hand for a high five. We didn’t really speak anything after that. The bus quickly accommodated many children. We spoke eventually about the people outside and worsening conditions of the roads.

The bust halted at the main gate of the school. We got down and entered the school. There was a sudden rush of all feelings inside me; Happiness, delight, ecstasy! I felt everything at a single moment. I was very excited at just the sight of my new school. Not that I hadn’t seen it earlier. Yes I did, during the boring admission procedure. But seeing it full of students, children playing on the ground, it’s a totally different thing. My friends saw the excitement bubbling out of me.

“So, all the best for your first day Caroline. Hope you enjoy it” Katherine prodded at me with a smile. Ana led me through the gate and towards the main corridor. I glared at the huge ground as we walked.

“It’s so huge right. We play so many games in the PT period!” Ana said a tinge of pride in her voice.

“Yeah. Sounds like fun”.

“Come on, we still have twenty minutes before the assembly begins. I’ll show you around the school” she said as she pulled me towards the staircase. We hurried up to the first floor.

“That is the physics laboratory, adjacent to which are the chemistry lab and the biology lab.” Ana pointed towards the labs.

“That’s the assembly or meeting hall. Here all the meetings take place. And that room adjoining assembly room is the instrumental room. Come on, you have to visit it once” excitement reflected in her voice.

We sprinted towards the room. It was quite a big room and like the name suggested, it had various instruments, classical and western included.

“I love this room!” Ana exclaimed. “I love playing Violin. Our teacher is really nice”

“You can play violin?” I asked quite amazed.

“Yes, I’ll play it for you in the music period” Replied Ana .

“Well I can play Guitar” I said proudly “ I’ve been learning it for about a year now

We moved about for almost fifteen minutes. Sneha showed me the library, the art room, principal and vice principal’s cabin, staff rooms where the teachers are, the basement and the garden. Finally we decided it was time to head back to our classrooms.

As we entered the classroom-Bang. The very next moment I was on the ground and my books accompanied me. Way to start the day Caroline I remarked sarcastically. Ouch. I had landed hard on my right arm. I was too caught up in attending to my arm to notice Ana yelling at the top of her voice at a boy.

“-It’s her first day at school and you’ve helped to make it memorable. Congratulations” Ana said in a sharp tone. Ana then turned towards me and gave me her hand.

“Here Caroline”                she helped me up. The boy looked least affected by her words. His gaze was hard at Ana. Then his head snapped towards me. He turned to face Ana and in a split second he turned to see me again as if he didn’t see me clearly the first time. His gaze softened.

“I’m sorry” he said, his stare fixed out of the window.

“Huh?! What did you say?” Ana looked at him with a strange look.

His face turned towards us.

“I said I’m sorry.” He snapped at her and gave me a look and walked away. I watched his body disappear into the crowd

“That’s weird” I said

“No that’s Nathan Williams.” Ana said and we laughed.

Nathan. Nathan Williams. Interesting

Tada!! So that was my very first chapter of my very first book!! Thanks for reading..i will upload soon. Love you all…toodles!