Chapter 4: Something is never nothing. It's always something.

Heyy!! I'm so sorry i could'nt upload sooner! but here's the next chapter for And Then I Met You!!  Hope you enjoy it!

Love ya Guys!!

-----------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Something is never nothing. It’s always something.

Nathan’s POV

She was here.

She Was Here How? And why?

“Wow!” I heard her take in a sharp breath. “This is Beautiful”

We were standing in my backyard. Well, more like my mom’s personal garden. She loved gardening. There were a variety of flowers and fruits hanging from the small shrubs and bushes.

Carnations, Roses, jasmines, Lilies, Catmints and many others graced one side of the garden where as tomatoes; cucumbers, carrots and cabbages graced the other side.

“I always wanted to have a garden of my own. We just have a simple lawn” she said with a frown.

“Shall we go inside?” I asked her politely and she gave me her answering nod.

“So what’s your room like?” she asked

“Nothing special” I said with a shrug. “It’s upstairs”

I led her to my room. And it was basically nothing. I opened the door and it made the same creaking noise.

“Hmmm…so you are totally into basketball huh?” she asked, obviously noticing the various posters in my room.

“Yeah” she sat down on my bed. Luckily my mom cleaned up my room else she would have definitely tripped on the first step.

“So...” she trailed off.

“So?” I mimicked her

“So, what’s your dad like” she blurted out.

-----------------------------

Caroline’s POV

Big Mistake. BIG MISTAKE.

I shouldn’t have asked him about his dad. Something snapped inside of him and his mood suddenly tensed. His knuckles were clenched almost to the point where they turned white.

Silence. Pure, awkward silence surrounded us.

“I’m Sorry. You don’t have to tell me.” I said ending the silence

His eyes snapped towards me. A cold, distant emotion still visible in his eyes.

I offered him a small smile. He visibly relaxed and flashed me a ghost of a smile.

“He’s a businessman.” He muttered. Honestly, after seeing his reaction I didn’t think he would answer my question

“Okaayyy” I dragged the word

“Let’s just say that he doesn’t mind his own business” he spat.

The next thing I did would probably be considered totally stupid.

I burst out laughing! Like literally. Till the point where my cheeks ached. I looked over to him and saw that he was smiling too. Then he joined me in my fits of laughter.

Finally after a few minutes our laughter died out

“Why did you laugh” he asked me. His blue eyes twinkling with amusement.