Chapter 3: You need to get your head out of the clouds.

Hey there My lovely readers!!! How are you all!! Here’s another chapter for And Then I Met You.

Hope You like it.

Vote, Fan And comment!

_____________________

Chapter 3: You need to get your head out of the clouds.

Caroline’s POV

He turned around to shoot when he actually noticed me standing there. I placed my bag on the cemented ground. His hands were still in mid air when he looked at me. He slowly brought his arms down and eyed my from head to toe.

“Hey” he said

“umm..Hi” I stuttered

“what are you doing here”

“ I was just-“ I was not allowed to complete my sentence because he spoke up

“Checking me out?” he said with a smirk on his face

“No I was just-“ I was cut off once again

“Perving on me?” his smirk grew wider

“You need to get your head out of the clouds, Nathan” I said as I lifted my bag off the ground and turned around only to meet a hard chest.

“Yeah, I know Carrie” he said with an unusual expression on his face.

Wait. Only Aaron had called me Carrie. I frowned and narrowed my eyes at him. He simply threw the ball towards the basket and the ball went through the hoop! Are you kidding me? He was not even looking towards the basket.

“You might as well want to close your mouth. Don’t want any flies getting in there, do we?”

I quickly turned around and left the basketball court not before hearing him say good bye.

My house was close to the school so I walked my way.

-------------

“I’m Home” I said to no one in particular. I was instantly greeted by the warm smell of my mom’s special brownies.

“In here sweetie” I heard my mom say from the kitchen

I sauntered over to the kitchen to see my mom moving around in the kitchen.

“What’s the occasion, mum?”

“How was your first day at the school” she asked me, completely ignoring my question”

“Good enough” I replied nonchalantly.

“So did you make any new friends?” she asked as she removed the brown pieces of heaven from the oven.

“Yeah. Ana, Katherine, Aaron, Stacie, Nathan, Blake Alyssa,” I said memorizing all their names.

“Nathan as in Nathan Williams?” she asked

“Yes but how do you know him?” I asked with a frown.

“Oh, he lives just down the street. The last house. His mother is such a lovely lady!”

“I see you’ve done your homework huh?”

“Yes.  I just visited everyone on our street” she said cheerily “Now, I need you to get ready and give these to the Williams.”

“Oh! So that’s why you made them”

“Yes now go get ready.”

I went up the stairs and into my bedroom. After rummaging through my closet I put on a Blue V neck top and dark skinny jeans and hopped down to the kitchen again.

“Here” she said as she handed me the plate of brownies.

I tried to sneakily steal a brownie without letting my mom know.

“Mmmm! Tghwweedddrr Awrrssnne” I said as I dug into a piece of one of the brownies from the plate.

“Caroline Jade Grey” my mother yelled at me. “Where are your manners?”

“Sorry Mum. I meant to say they’re awesome”

“That’s better. And you don’t need to steal. I have saved a few for you too, honey” she smiled at me.

“Thanks mom. I’ll just give these to Mrs. Williams”

I took my keys and locked the door. As I stepped on the grass on the street, cold wind blew against my face. I walked up to the last house on our street. I knocked on the door expecting Mrs Williams to open the door. Instead the door was opened by Nathan.

“Caroline?” he looked totally confused

In fact, I was shocked. He remembered me?

“Not bad, You remember me” I smirked at him.

“It was not even an hour ago I met you. I’m sorry I’m not a patient of amnesia” he said with a shrug.

“Who is it Nate?”  The female voice, for whom I had actually come, questioned.

“Good evening Mrs. Williams. I’m Caroline-“ Before completing my sentence I was engulfed in a hug.

“Oh Caroline! I was waiting for you to come!” she said.

Huh? Waiting for me to come?

“Your mom came over today and she said she would ask you to come over.” She explained

“Please come inside, Sweetie” she said as she ushered me into their home.

“These are for you” I said as I handed the brownies to her. A smile immediately found way on her face.

“Thank you so much” she took the plate from my hand 

“You’re welcome Mrs. Williams”

“Oh Please. Call me Margaret. Mrs. Williams makes me sound like a very old lady” she winked, making both of us laugh

We talked for some more time and Margaret called Nathan.

“Nate, show her around the house, will you” she said with a sweet smile. He just shrugged and stretched his arm out and led me towards the staircase.

Hey Guys….sorry it was meant to be longer but due to some technical problem I lost my previous chapter which was around 5 pages long!! I had to rewrite it all! :( Anyways I hope u like it….and next chapter in Nathan’s POV!!

Vote, Comment and Fan!

Love Ya!!