NAILEHA.

"Maa!!! Guess what, guess what, guess what!!! I have a JOB. I freaking have a job I can't believe this" taking my hands way from my face I stop screaming once I notice no one is home Welp, I got exited to tell them for no apparent reason.

Getting rid of these uncomfortable clothes, I step into my well deserves bubble bath. The smell of brown sugar and vanilla is the best way to relax after a stressful day. It's my favorite aroma and I recommend it to everyone who Is stressed all the time. Well, like me

Today was honestly a good day, If I say so myself. I got a job! I really can't believe this. This is a dream come true, doing something I love doing as a hobby. I dont know though. I just want to save enough money for Ma's treatment and for college. After that I am going to save enough money to take my family out of this shitty neighborhood.

I also want to save money to put aside for my little sister and brother. I know my mom won't make it as far as a year The doctors said so themselves; that makes my siblings my priorities. So yeah sighing deeply I hear my phone go off at the edge of my bathtub, reaching to grab it with my eyes closed I answer.

" Naileha Martinez speaking." "Ah yes, this is Felicity from Cage & son Inc. we met earlier today at the lobby, I was just going to send you the information concerning your employment here. But I prefer to speak over the phone if thats okay with you ma'am?"

Chuckling to myself at her formalities "Please call me Leha. No formalities with me, but of course carry on." I hear her sigh at the other end. " well okay Leah, well lets talk about business; your wage, health insurance and so on"

***

After almost an hour of talking with Felicity, I got out of my now cold bath feeling relieved out of all stress. Raping my favorite orange fluffy towel around my body, I make my way to my messy looking room while finding some comfortable clothes to put one to start cleaning the house.

Putting some Salsa on my phone, I put my headphones in to start this journey hip, hip, hurray! This is gonna take an eternity

I already finished all the rooms from the top floor and make my way down the stairs to clean everything else. Since I have my headphones plugged in, I didnt hear anyone come inside so, imagine my surprise of getting caught dancing like a maniac.

Well I dont care at this point. It's how I get stuff done, no matter what I'm doing I need my music.

" Hey Ma, how was your day today?" I ask while helping her with the grocery bags, "I didnt hear you come in, by the way I'm sorry about that embarrassing moment you had to witness"

" No te preocupes mija, I'm already used to it. I used to be the same as you; couldnt get anything done without my music" Hearing her low giggles I shake my head with a small smile on my face.

She looks weak Really weak God I can't help but notice her short gasps for air. Shit. " Ma, did you drink your pills today? Do you need anything. Here, sit down. I'll be right back with your medicines"

Looking for her pills in the cabinet, I find the bottles of her pills I notice that they are empty Wait a minute "Ma! When was the last time you drank your pills?" I see she's trying to look anywhere else but me. Slamming the empty bottles on the counter I see her flinch. " Fuck Ma! You need to tell me when you need your refills. These are important pills If you dont take them YOU WONT GET BETTER! Ma are you even listening to me?... MA?!"

I notice that her eyes are closed and she's barely breathing. Checking for her pulse, I sigh with relief. Sitting next to her unconscious body I grab her fragile body and grasp onto her like my life depended on it

No, no!... This can't be happening this cannot be happening knowing I need to call an ambulance I dial 911. informing them about the incident, they tell me theyll be here in less then five minutes