The Fault In Our Phan

    “Phil hurry up!” I shouted across the hotel room in Jamaica, “We’re going to be late!” He grabbed his jeans and scurried into the bathroom located on the other side of the room. I heard some strange noises and a loud shattering noise followed with Phil sheepishly speaking his response, he broke the glass in the shower.

    “Danny I think I broke my toe,” I could barely hear him mutter under his breath. He was obviously embarrassed at his clumsiness but, I thought it was funny. I was about to get up to help him when I heard him speak once again, “Nevermind! I can walk.” I could tell by the tone of his voice he wasn’t okay but I decided to let him do it himself. As he peeped out of the doorway he had a constipated look on his face; he was obviously trying to hide the pain. It was too hard not to laugh, a muted giggling sounded from my lips; Phil glared at me. I snapped a picture of him when I thought he wasn’t looking but, he turned around to face me again and just before I could tweet the picture he launched himself at me and grabbed my phone. “Don’t you dare!” he snapped swiping the phone away accidentally tweeting it as he dropped it on the ground.

    Realizing what just occurred Phil shouted at Dan’s phone, “You shall not live!” Laughing, I got up and walked out the door, Phil following  behind. There was a glass landing that we walked through, and since our hotel was underwater there were fish swimming around us. Phil darted up to one of the fish and pressed his face against the glass to stare at it.

    “Come on Phil!” I bellowed. “The fish doesn't care about you.” He slumped away miserably from his new friend. The two of us emerged from the hotel and were greeted by the bright Jamaican sunlight. The taxi I had called for just before Phil broke the shower pulled up alongside us and we hopped in.

    “Ricks Cafe on W End Rd,” I directed the cab driver. He nodded his response and we took off down the street.

    “Philly I’m bored do you want to do a livestream right now since its going to be a long car ride?”

    “Yeah that’s a great idea,” he spoke pulling out his phone in its lion case a fan gave to him at Summer in the City. I sent out a tweet on my phone to tell our fans we were on YouNow and to come join the fun before logging out and doing the same on Phil’s since he was busy setting up the app.  As everything was loading and the news was spending in the fandom, we talked about random things like Pokemon and who would be the best ostrich racer, I of course thought I would be the fastest. After about ten minutes we decided to start the broadcast and almost instantly the chat had seven thousand viewers. That’s one thing I’ll never get used to, all the people who seem to actually think I’m cool, if they only knew.

    “Howdy folks how are y’all doin tonight, I’m Dan’s housemate Bill,” Phil spoke while tapping my thigh softly, indicating the camera was on. “Who is a bit mentally crippled ” I exploded into the frame making him chuckle. For a while we answered some questions the fans had such as what stickers Phil has on his laptop which consisted as a unicorn eating pizza, Pikachu, a horse, and a cute lion sticker I gave to him last week. By this time the viewer count had reached over eleven thousand and I couldn’t go on until I mentioned it. We continued on with the streaming for about forty minutes until the cab driver told us we were almost there so we said goodbye and shut off the camera.

    When we arrived at the cliff about ten minutes later, Phil paid the man and we hopped out. We stood around the meeting place just tweeting out to our fans while talking about what we should do tomorrow. I suggested we do another Dan vs. Phil challenge because our fans seemed to like it so much and he agreed.

-----------------------------------------------fifteen minutes later-----------------------------------------------------

By this time we had both put our phones away and were just standing there with our hands in our pockets talking. Phil was messing with my feet; kicking rocks and sand into my sandals. I decided to let him continue because I knew he was nervous about cliff diving.