Master plan

I set about walking clumsily in circles and making lots of round about paths by mercilessly breaking twigs and branches to show my passage. Jacob will have a hard time tracking me when there are so many paths. I made another trail leading onto a wombat path. Then doubled back on myself, quietly and carefully this time, sticking to rocks and animals trails so that Jacob will see an animal - and not my path. I headed back the covert way, twigs jabbing me in the face now and then.

I smiled as I imagined Jacob trying to traverse the forest, he must be having a very hard time. I smelt the grass before I saw it, telling me I was in the proximity of a paddock. I got down on my haunches and inspected the paddock. Hmm... Yes! No one was near the shed or in the paddock. Sticking to the tree line I sprinted for the back door of the shed. Thanks to Mum's sticky note I had my keys, and ever so carefully I unlocked the door and headed in.

Still no sign of Jacob, things were looking up for once. I grabbed rope, a torch, fire lighters, matches, spare fabric, tarp, some more ropes and a bunch of other random stuff. Jacob doesn't know what I am going to be doing with all this stuff, even if he did do a full inventory of the shed. Which knowing him, is a good possibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stretched my back and took a look around, yes - this is a good trap. He'll never know what's coming at him. Even if Jacob is smart enough to figure it out, it will be too late. I had tracked really far away from the shed and my 'rampage' sites. I wanted him to find this place as well - just not yet.

I walked away from the clearing, intentionally leaving little hints as to suggest my path. Dropping something, putting my boots in mud leaving prints, and generally being a bit clumsy. After a good 20 min of walking I found a nice little clearing far away from the previous clearing. It had options of escape on all sides, which was great for me. I started to build up sticks, twigs and any dry carbon I could find into a nice fire setup. I placed my fire lighters strategically in between the pieces of wood. Lastly placing lots of greenery on top to make the fire smoke grey and easy to see. However I did not light the fire, but continued on.

This time I made sure to cover up my path well, making it harder for Jacob. I even found a few places where you had to crawl underneath fallen trees to continue on the path. Again dropping hints like a pen that 'fell' out of my back pack. Purposely moving branches lower when I could reach them, Jacob was going to be hit in the face well by the time we arrived at my next fire.

I discovered a reasonably suitable area a further 20 minutes from my previous unlit fire. Following the same procedure for the set up of the fire. Making sure not to light it, not yet.

~~Don't put down this book just yet though, be patient - the best bit is yet to come!~~

I then walked about 500m from that place where I went about setting up camp. Once I was done, I smashed my way through the underbrush, taking the long way back to my second fire. I lit the fire, making sure it would be good on its own, then continued. I then again smashed through the bush, all the way back to my first fire. I lit that one as well, placing extra green bits on top. From there I followed my path back to the trap, and through there made an obvious trail back to the fallen tree. Poor, poor Jacob - didn't know what was coming for him!