Three

Omori's friends seemed surprised, their eyes now open wide.

"Well... I mean, it's not impossible if we put our minds to it!" Aubrey giggled. She was always this optimistic.

Hero slowly nodded, agreeing with the young girl. "Y... yeah! Now that Omori's with us, I'm sure we'll be able to find Basil this time."

"Alright, it's settled! We'll go find Basil! First, we should check... there!" Kel said as they pointed to a certain area

The other three nodded and soon, they were off to find their friend.

The search had been a lot harder than the group thought it would be. They looked nearly everywhere; the forest, the pastel playground, the list goes on and on.

Then, Omori had an idea. He suddenly stopped walking and the trio looked back at him looked at him, confused.

"Omori?" Kel asked, furrowing their brows.

"Basil likes flowers, right? Shouldn't we check the flower fields?"

Kel face-palmed, not thinking about that earlier. "Darn, you're right. Alright, well, let's go to the flower fields!"

The quartet began to walk to the flower fields. Right before they could reach the fields, they heard a scream. It was slightly high-pitched, but it sounded like it belonged to a young boy.

The group then began to run to the flower fields, thinking that someone was in trouble.

They were correct.

The four friends found a green-haired boy running away from a deformed, black creature. It was on its fours and had long limbs. The creature looked a lot like a deer, but what it looked like didn't matter.

Omori knew that he had to act quickly, so he ran to the beast and pulled out the knife that he kept with him at all times.

"Omori!" his friends yelled at him as they ran after him.

----------

Omori, Aubrey, Hero, and Kel ended up fighting the beast and somehow won with a few minor injuries such as a few small cuts, scratches, and bruises.

The younger boy was bleeding in a few areas, but other than that, he was okay.

The quartet turned to face the trembling boy behind them. The four exchanged worried looks before Aubrey slowly walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, making him tense up and his breath hitch.

"Basil? Are you okay?" she asked in a hushed tone, like what a mother would do when comforting a child.

Basil's bottom lip trembled and his cheeks were tear-stained. He tried his best to respond but was only able to let out quiet whimpers and choked sobs.