Prologue

You know, I am tired of being the damsel in distress. I was the weakest girl with my face, I got kidnapped, and brainwashed, and couldn't even win a duel when there was a parasite dueling for me. And now, many years later, my brother is going into angry bird mode, Yuto is no where to be seen, the ending of Arc-V was never explained, and how the Hell did I even get my own body back anyway?

Much less a kid.

I must have fallen into a fanfiction. Yes, that's it. That has to be it. There is no other plausible way that I could be stuck in the Zexal dimension. Seriously, since when was Kaito able to fly? And who is that hyperactive kid with a crab for hair? He reminds me of Yuya, the main character, that I never really had a genuine interaction with. 

This night reminds me a lot of that other one. The one before the XYZ dimension was attacked; I was wandering aimless through the night, instead of being smart and walking with the group. But then again, back in those days, my brother could be a giant prick so any other person but me would have safely been able to walk off on their own. But since I am me, I cannot take a walk on my own without without getting hunted and kidnapped.

That is the sad, and terrible fate of those with my face.

But jeez, just being from the XYZ dimension, I had so much potential, and what part do I get stuck with? Damsel in distress, running through a wrecked city on a clear night. And where the Hell did this kid come from? Damn, the continuity in this place is horrible.

Ruri paused to take a breath. Much to her dismay she was getting chased again. All this time had passed and she was still getting chased down dark allies with no one around in the middle of the night. She didn't even have time to steal her brother's duel disk so she could card the bastard or send him to a different dimension.

"Momma, I'm scared." A small child tugged tugged at the hem of her shirt, a pair of wide pink eyes reflected what little light existed in the dark.

You know, if this were a properly written fanfic, we would have time to explain all this. Where everyone went, why the dimensions are so messed up, why everyone suddenly has their own bodies back, what the four dimensional dragons are doing, what was Zarc, why Arc-V seemed like a fanfiction written by Akaba Reiji instead of a normal Yu-Gi-Oh! show, and other important questions like that. But since this was a spur of the moment spoof born from the chatter of cosplay and overactive Yugi-Tubers, we can just skip over important questions like those and get to the meat of the problem.

Obviously the author has too much writing experience to give you some shit you find on fanfiction.net. This wattpad is a classy place, where you can make it as an author if you try hard enough or love One Direction or have a dirty mind -- but you better categorize your story properly or she will take her ambassador powers and stick them up your ass.

So anyway, now I am back to being the damsel...again. And something tells me I'm about to join the eternal Yu-Gi-Oh! pantheon of bad parents.

Ruri hugged the small child to her side and shot a guarded glance over her shoulder. The sky was becoming clouded and the mist of the night was just scraping the edge of the moon. Soon it would get even darker, and with the city still being rebuild, the night life wasn't fantastic. A shadow darted at the corner of her peripherals, but when she turned to look. It was gone. 

"Keep moving," she decided. "There's no hope for me. I'm a bracelet girl, therefore there is no possible way that I will get any satisfactory character development in this story, but you. You still have a chance." She knelt down and carefully combed the young girl purple and black locks away from her face.  Ruri's memory was hazy because her backstory in this fic was not adequately thought out, so she was surprised to find how much her child looked like Yuto. She found it a little uncanny, because even though Yuto was a nice person to look at and all, she never thought she'd get into a serious relationship with him, much less have a child...with...