20 | annalise

^ i'm camping & i thought i'd share a pic with you guys :)
[unedited]

it's just...i just...i couldn't cope." i tell him, adverting my eyes to avoid his intense stare.

"what do you mean?" orion asks, his voice rising.

"it was only two." i whisper out. "and then two turned to five, and all of a sudden i was in the hospital."

he sucks in a sharp breath, gripping onto the handle of his coffee cup so tight his knuckles turn white. "why didn't you tell me?"

"because! why would i want to scare you away? i didn't tell you because i didn't want to bring up the past," my voice breaks. "but my past became my present a-"

"and you became my future."

i freeze, gaping at him.

"anna, i don't deserve you, but you're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and i was stupid to hurt you, to leave you. but i'm here now, and i am never ever going to leave you alone until you understand that you're everything anyone could ever ask for. i'm here for you. all of you, good and bad, and i'll love you for all eternity, if you'll have me." he finishes, staring at the table cloth intensely.

without thinking, i reach over the table and cup his chin in my hands, pressing my lips against his. "of course," i blabber, our foreheads touching. "of course of course of course."

his body relaxes. "i love you." he sighs, closing his eyes. "it's okay if you don't feel the same way i-"

"i love you too." i tell him, cutting him off. "i'm sorry i didn't say it before, i-i just wasn't sure, but i do love you, even though i'm messed up and mean to you."

he laughs, and the sound is so melodic my heart flutters.

"will you stay?" i ask, looking off into the distance to hide the blush that's blossomed upon my face.

"what about your mom?"

"early shift at the hospital, won't be home until the afternoon."

"then yes, of course."

a/n

last chapter! epilogue will be posted soon :) also sorry for this late-ish chapter, i'm camping, and then beach is the only place with service haha [thus the photo above] thank you for reading <3