Day 35; jjk

I don't remember much from yesterday, other than the guilt and hurt that ran through me as Hyorin left a red a mark on my cheek and ran home crying. I watched her disappear through the wide doors of the shelter, running into her room with a stunned Jimin watching her fly by, clutching a bouquet of flowers. The glare he sent me that night was no joke.

   You think I wanted to hurt her?

   Never once in a million years, an eternity, would I ever willingly hurt Kim Hyorin. But I had no choice. She has Jimin. She doesn't need me anymore.

   I was ever so swiftly replaced.

   She ran to me that night, in a mess of heavy breaths and her hands on her knees. Her eyes glinted with determination under the moon, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Tears. Tears. Tears that pooled and found their way down Kim Hyorin's face. Her beautiful face stained with tears. I couldn't fathom it. Kim Hyorin. The girl who went through so much throughout her life, the girl who stayed strong for so long. Crying.

**

   "Why did you leave?!" she cried, her voice trembling and desperate. "I waited for you. Day after day, hoping for you to show up, hoping to see your face again. And yet, you..."

   "Why did I leave? Because you didn't meet me anymore," I had said, though as soon as the words left my mouth, an instant pang of regret ran through my body.

    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" she'd shouted, her hands clenched tightly at her side in fists. "I needed you more than anyone else..." she whispered.

   I'd scoffed. "You have Jimin. You don't need me."

   She grabbed me by the collar and  stood on her toes just to meet my gaze. She hadn't grown at all, it was cute. "You..." she started, trailing off as she pushed me back and swung her hand at my face, an impact on my cheek causing me to flinch and stumble backward. "YOU ARE THE WORST. WHAT HAPPENED TO US? DID OUR FRIENDSHIP MEAN NOTHING?!"