New Faces and Tired Tongues

Zoë is personally going to paint the walls of this cave with Hades' blood. It doesn't matter that she physically can't kill him, Artemis can and she is sure that her lady will let her do the honors if she asks. Of course, that means that Artemis will have to get back here first. Zoë doesn't really know why Artemis hadn't just killed Hades in the first place, or at least fought him. They were evenly matched as far as she could tell.

However, that might actually be why she didn't fight him. Artemis was the oldest at this point, the only one of twelve who was still in her original body. The others had gotten themselves killed dozens of times over, Apollo most notably. Artemis might just be avoiding another possible death, Zoë had known the goddess long enough to think it probable. It was easy to see that upon reincarnation, not all the memories came back as they aged. Artemis was now well over three thousand years old and likely had more memories than all of the human race combined.

Death could completely destroyed the hunters. Artemis had no other members of her bloodline except (technically) Apollo's relatives and they didn't know if she could be reincarnated into that bloodline at all. At this point it was just safer to avoid death altogether. So, yes it was safer not to fight Hades, and Zoë could understand that from a logical standpoint. However, Artemis wasn't the most logical individual. She was wild and primal, driven by instinct and emotions in the most violent sense. She would just as soon think about what was supposed to be done as would a young child. Zoë respects her goddess, no question, but she was often the one reigning her in despite the obvious power difference. Respect your elders. Zoë always found that human saying comical.

"Food." a gruff voice interrupts her thought process and Zoë looks up to glare into the eyes of one of Hades' lackeys. She has to hand it to the man, Hades made good work of his element. She doubts there are any other matriarchs of their bloodline so in tune with their element they could wield it so spectacularly. Hades makes good on it, having the souls of those he deems evil enough serving him for eternity. It is remarkable, it would be more so if he wasn't, of course, using it to keep her bound.

Hades is, in no way shape or form, inherently cruel. In fact, the man is soft underneath that scowl, very soft. However, Hades is also a bloodline known for misfortune and, unsurprisingly, premature death. Zoë is sure that the reigning Hades was always the only adult of the Hades bloodline she'd met. This time around the reigning Hades is at around fifty, remarkable for the bloodline, and as far as Zoë knows, only had one child. The poor girl hadn't had much of a chance at life.

That had to twist Hades though, memories of not only dying but watching others of his bloodline die before ever even reaching adulthood grated on you, Zoë knows that from personal experience. She partially blames his neglect to reign in his lackeys on that. The other part of Zoë knows that the moment she's out of these binds she'll rip his throat out of his neck with her teeth.

The current guard drops a plate with nothing more than a biscuit on it. Zoë doesn't even attempt to eat it, knowing full well that the guards just like watching her struggle with her hands bound behind her back and feet chained to the wall. The guard glared back, green eyes smoldering at her defiance.

"Eat. You won't get anything else until tomorrow." He barks. He has to be a new one then if he doesn't already know what she is doing. Zoë just keeps glaring at him. Finally, he throws up his arms in frustration. "Whatever, starve, see if I care." As he turns to leave, Zoë lets a chuckle rasp in her throat.

"I do believe Hades will care," she reminds the young man. He stiffens, turning back to glare at her.

"Your point?"

"My point is I doubt thy wants to die again." Zoë watches the man's face turn into a snarl.

"You filthy little bitch, you don't know shit about me, and If I was even a little more dignified I might just fucking teach you who you're messing with." His face is red and his shoulders heave.