I'm not dead, but I'm not living either.

"Come with me." Lucius grabs my wrist, And I follow him up the stairs.

My head still aches, But I ignore it as we walk into a livingroom. I glance at the girls in the room, Two of which are being used as food..The other two are tied up, unconscious..Sleeping, or dead, either one.

"Listen up." Lucius growls, and Everyone turns to look at him. Alastair stops feeding, and glances up, His eyes meeting mine immediately.

"Lorelei is mine, Don't touch her, talk to her-Leave her alone. If I catch one of you with her, I'll make you wish you stayed dead." Lucius says, his tone serious.

"Mm, Fresh meat." A tall girl with long black hair walks over to me. She tilts her head to the side, Her eyes staring deeply into mine. "She's so pretty, and broken..Can I play with her?" She smirks, licking her lower lip. And Lucius places his arm over me, Pulling me behind him.

"You know better than to play with broken toys." Lucius glances at me..My heart races, But I don't show it.

"I can hear her heart racing, She's afraid of me." She giggles, "Please let me play with her." The girl stares at me, Gliding her tongue over her fangs.

"Amélie." Lucius growls. (Pronounced ah-mel-ee)

I stop, Too lightheaded to stand. I fall to the ground, But before I can hit the ground-Lucius catches me in his arms. My head is pounding, and it feels as if I might throw up-Probably from Alastair's blood..I don't think Lucius healed me..

"Lorelei?" Lucius asks.

"I-I'm..fine." Just talking hurts. My throat is on fire, I can't breathe.

"You better not die on me, after what I went through to find you." Lucius mutters, before picking me up.

And then, I black out.

• • •

I scream, waking up. I breathe heavily, My heart pounding hard against my chest.

"Shh, it was only a dream." I feel someone grab my wrists, and I jump instantly.

I stare at Lucius, "You're safe." He whispers.

I close my eyes, Wishing I was dead. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be anywhere. I don't want this life. I would rather not be alive..I'm not living, I'm just not dying..

"Lucius."

I jump as I hear his voice. He was my nightmare. I look up, Staring at him. No. No. I want to scream. I want to run. But that's not how I was taught. I look down, Holding everything inside me as he walks towards me.

"I'm still debating if your existence is still useful to me." 

"You know why you need me." Alastair sighs, "Amélie killed the girls..She drained them."

"We need to feed, We're weak." Alastair says, Annoyed.

"They're looking for us, It's too dangerous" Lucius sighs, And Alastair shakes his head.

"Then let us share her, We won't kill her. We just need enough until tonight." Alastair glances at me, And I look down.

"No, She's too weak." Lucius stands, Protecting me.

"It's either her, Or risking getting caught." Alastair indicates he'll leave.

Lucius sighs, Shaking his head-Is he actually considering letting them feed off of me?

"If any of you kill her-" Lucius gets cut off, As Alastair interrupts him.

"We won't. We'll only take a little." Alastair licks his lips.

"Fine, Leave me." Lucius nods.

Alastair smirks, "We'll be waiting."

After he leaves, Lucius turns to me, "I won't let them kill you."

"First, I must tell you what happens here." Lucius smirks, "I'm in control.  Alastair hunts for food..Only when it's safe. Amélie is..Well she was you until I turned her..She's insane, Even for a vampire..Be careful, Don't listen to her.   Finn Doesn't talk much..He's been here the longest, He was a vampire before we took over.
Raven won't like you. She's always been by me, Ever since we were young. She begged me to turn her, So we could be together for eternity. But now, I've lost feelings for her. And she's still hopelessly in love with Me." Lucius scoffs, "Love..Its such a petty human emotion.."

I nod, Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.."If she's been with you since you were young..Was she with you before you turned?"

Lucius chuckles, "You're particularly right..We have been together since we were children, But there's one small detail missing."

I raise my eyebrows, waiting for his response.

"I wasn't turned a vampire, I was born one."