Chapter 10 - Recovering from the fires

~~~ Tony and Gianni

Even as Dan was looking out the window of his rooms Tony was as well. When Gianni came into the room he took their baby from her and lifted her to his nose and enjoyed the scent, "I know she's going to be an Alpha's mate much like you. I remember when you were comforting Dan. I think you were sixish and I knew you were the one for me. Cute child, pretty teen, and one hell of a sexy woman. So glad you accepted me as your mate." This was their third child and how he was enjoying holding her.

Gianni let him take their daughter before she leaned against his back, "I made a good choice even if you are too old for me." She laughed before pressing a kiss against his neck. How she loved Tony and he was the one for her, "Love you old man. Might not have gray but way older than I am."

He snorted at her, "Love you to and you are over a hundred so not robbing the cradle." He gave their daughter a light peck, "Can't wait to see Dan. It's been too long since we last saw him. I understand why he went into seclusion but it hurts as well."

Gianni leaned a bit more against his back, "I know. Not my father but will always be my papa wolf. Little Dan is taking after him. Stubborn and irascible. Even his wolf has taken after Dan's. He went with Hammer much like Dan's wolf." She knew the pain Dan was feeling and hoped this year would help. A number of them had been invited to his estates.

"I know and we all love him. Such a good... Whatever the hell he is now. Kits/wolf? I tried it once and he bit me." Tony laughed though he wasn't sure if it was right or not to. Dan felt tired to him and he was worried.

~~~ City tries to recover from the fires

The day after the fires were out everyone at the palace tried to do what they could to help the city. It wasn't pretty, but the first section burned down was to be razed. Xipil had called in the troops and ordered them to work. Between the thousands of troops and a massive number of dump trucks they started pulling apart anything which had been a building.

They focused on one section, razed the existing remains, carefully removed what bodies which were there and then erected tents. Dan, Cuetl, Bianca, Mercury, and Sumiko were there as were a number of wolves. As each body was removed they were very careful of where it came from and how best to identify it. The wolves and humans couldn't do much but the Kitsunes and magisters could. They could sense the spirits or content of the bones. Not all would be identified but they were doing their best.

Even though someone had attempted to kill Dan, he didn't care. He and his wolves had the strength for this and they were helping as best possible. Nobody was being allowed close to the important ones but even if they had been he wouldn't have cared.

They started at daylight and worked until night. The citizens of the city were doing much the same for the most part. Some were refusing to help since they, the ones who'd been chased out of their homes due to the fire were lower than they were. It was all Dan could do not to kill them and take what he wanted of their fortunes. It was their rights to be fucking assholes but it didn't make it better for him or the ones impacted.

As the tents were set up cots and dividers were being installed also. No matter what, the one's who'd been displaced were going to be taken care of. The powerful could go fuck themselves as far as Dan and the others were concerned.

Geoff had taken charge of his section, the section the fires he's been working with and it was much the same. Instead of wolf strength he was using Kitsune powers. He had enough Kitsunes they were using their magic, spirit powers, to levitate the stones and move them. Bodies were being identified by their spirit signature. Mari was there as was Gettie and the slave girl. Everyone was pitching in as much as possible.