Chapter 4

"Meri Didi ko koi bhi tang nahi karega jab tak mein unhe bahar nahi leke aata. Aur haan. Shravan Bhaiya, Pushkar jiju aur Preeti Didi aap teeno abhi issi vakt iss kamre mein aayo."

Stunned by his demand the three of them shuffle into the room in a daze and stare at him in equal parts amusement and awe and the last thing I see before he shuts the door to my room are the proud and smiling faces of Nanu and Mamaji.

✤✤✤✤✤✤

Daboo walks towards, grabs my hand and pulls me towards my bed, climbs on it and wipes my tears saying "Suman Didi, aap itni strong hokar ro rahe ho? Chalo rona band karo nahi toh mere friends joh aapse darte hai na phir nahi darengay. Aur phir mein aapka naam lekar unko dara bhi nahi paunga," he finishes with a cute pout.

A small genuine laugh erupts from within me and I can't help but pull this adorable little monster's cheeks. "Mere pyaare Daboo, tumhari Didi se tumhare dost humesha darengay kyuki joh bhi mere cute se bhai ko tang karega usko mein nahi chodungi. Deal yaad hai na?"

"Haan, Didi."

"Suman Didi? Ek baat bolu?"

"Haan bol."

"Didi aap kya bhage the! Full DDLJ ki Simran ki feel aa gayi." And with that, all four of us end up laughing. 

"Arre sach mein, mera toh man tha ki bolu 'Ja Sumo ja, ji le aapni zindangi.'" By now Pushkar is howling, Preeti is sat on the sofa clutching her stomach, Shravan is trying his hardest to control himself but given by the violent shaking of his shoulders I can most definitely see he is failing and in the midst of this madness I manage to hug Daboo, appreciating his efforts to lighten the heavy atmosphere.

Once all five of us have calmed down, I hold Daboo by his shoulders and thank him for standing up for me. "Thank you so much, Daboo for standing up for me."

"It's okay, Didi," he replies cutely.

"Accha ab sun. Mujhe bahar jana hoga," I can see the protest building upon his lips and shut him down before he has to say anything. "Daboo, yaad hai na mene ek baar kya bola tha? Gir ke uthna aur phir bhaagna. Yeh problem? I fell into it aur mujhe khud uthna hoga aur phir bhaagna bhi mujhe hi hoga. Problems se bhaagne se problems toh nahi chali jaati na?" He shakes his head side to side acknowledging that he is indeed listening to what I am saying, like always. "Toh yeh bhi ek problem hai jis se mujhe ladna hai. That's it. Aur akele thodi na hu mein, tu hai na mere saath." I grin at him to ease his mind.

"Main aur Preeti Didi aur saath mein Jiju aur Shravan Bhaiya bhi hai iss baar. Haina Shravan Bhaiya? Aap ho na meri Di ke saath?"

He comes forward and puts his hand out for Daboo to shake it. "Mein hamesha aapki Didi ka saath dunga."

Daboo grins wide at his favorite bhaiya and with that one statement, I knew that he meant what he said and with that realization, the seed of hope took place within me that maybe, maybe after everything was revealed and a lot of perceptions, relationships and assumptions will be shattered Shravan and I would be okay. That no matter what, we will always find our way back to each other.

✤✤✤✤✤✤