Chapter 8

"So..." She stretches.

"So?"

"How about we get to know each other all over again?"

"Hmm. Sounds like one of the most amazing suggestions I've heard in a while."

"So shall we start with our happy-ever-after?" She questions.

"Yes. I think it's time we get our happy-ever-after." I confirm.

Not wanting to wait any longer, I cup her face and tilt it up and bring my lips down to her and we kiss and kiss and kiss until we can't anymore and then in the early hours of the morning we lose ourselves to sleep with smiles on our face.

✤✤✤✤✤✤

Two Years later...

"Suman! Suman!"

"Aa rahi hu, Nanu!" I reply loudly as I walk to his room. Upon entering I quickly go up to him and give him is chai albeit a few minutes late than the usual time hence the shouting.

"Itni der kyu lagadi?" He questions sulking.

"Arre Nanu, bas 5 minutes late hu aur aapne pura ghar sar par utha liya. Thoda toh patience rakho." I scold him.

"Haan bas-bas, ab saara time mujhe daatne mein lageygi, PCT nahi jaana?"

"Bas aapko chai dedi ab mein jaa rahi hun. Aur haan, please apni medicine time pe le lena."

"Accha ab ja."

✤✤✤✤✤✤

Walking into my room I go up to take my bag when my eyes find a photo frame housing my favourite picture of Shravan and me. It was taken when a while back when the entire Malhotra and Tiwari family were out for a picnic — one full day of nothing but fun and laughter — and you can see it on our faces as well. Eyes shining bright with laughter, mouths titled in huge smiles, hair a mess but we both never looked our best at any other moment than we did on that day.

Oh, how I miss those days. Everything was easy then. 

Pulling myself out of my thoughts I quickly rush out of my room and out of the house to find none other than Shravan Malhotra, standing in my driveway, arms crossed and leaning against his car with a scowl on his face.

Here we go again. 

"Kya hai?" I ask him brusquely.

"Gaadi mein betho." He replies in the same manner. 

"Mere pass gaadi hai. I can go on my own, thank you very much." I tell him, keeping my face straight but damn if I'm not laughing on the inside.

I love this too much to stop now. 

"Haan pata hai, tum ek independent woman ho, apna khyal rakh sakti ho yada yada yada. Ab chup chap gaadi mein betho nahi toh mein apne tarike se tumhe bithunga." He threatnes. 

My eyes widen at that threat because I know this man is capable of anything and to not cause further drama, I quickly towards the passenger side and get in the car, buckling myself in.