Prologue

"Camila.." Shawn calls out "Are you oka- that was stupid um of course, you're not but it's just.." he releases a sigh, i looked at him.

He doesn't even look like Shawn anymore. He has bags under his eyes, his hair was a mess, the clothes he's wearing was still the clothes he was wearing 2 days ago. "I'm okay, Shawn. Thanks" i replied while hugging him.

His muscular arms wrapped around my waist while my arms was warpped around his neck "She was a good friend to us" i whispered to his ear, i felt him nod.

I pulled away from him and looked down to our friend's grave, Perrie.

Perrie is Shawn and I's bestfriend since 4th grade and we're graduating this year. Well, Shawn and I are graduating this year.

"I think we should head home now" Shawn said weakly. I wish he would just get some rest. Sigh. "Of course" i replied, giving him a sad smile.

It's been a month since she left us. Still hurts us. We're trying though, we're trying so hard.

We walked towards Shawn's car and only silence is filling the car. Shawn dropped me off at my place and i thanked him before i entered my home.

"Mami, i'm home!" I yelled when i entered "Kaki! Where have you been?" My younger sister run to me and hugged my waist "i just um- went to visit Shawn. He's not doing well" i replied to the younger girl. Most of it is true, right?

"Oh. Well.. um okay" she replied then goes to her room. I sighed. "Mija, where have you been?" My mom came out of nowhere "Jesus, woman. Where did you came from? And i went to the cemetery." I replied to my mom who was laughing at my reaction "is Shawn doing okay?" She asked me while handing me a banana "He hasn't slept yet. I think. He's a mess. He's still hurt by it and i am too but i'm like- starting to accept that she's not.." man this is gonna hurt "coming back" i said almost in a whisper.

"That's good, mija. Get some rest, okay? You have school tomorrow. Goodnight, honey. Te amo" My mom said while giving the top of my head a kiss "Yo tambien te amo, mami" i said before going to my room.

I played 'American' by Lana Del Rey to keep my thoughts out of the way.

First day of school tomorrow. I don't feel like going but i need to, it's a new start for me and Shawn.

Shawn.

I grabbed my phone and texted him;

Me:
Hey, you going to school tomorrow?

I waited a few minutes before getting a reply.

Shawny boy:
Yeah. you?

Me:
Yeah. Get some sleep, okay? I don't want you going to school looking like a zombie.

I laugh silently at my reply.

Shawny boy:
Will do. Thank you, mila. Love you ❤️

Me:
Anytime. Love you too 💋

This man better be getting sleep. I changed my clothes to my pj's and jumps on my bed (don't judge me, i'm smol) and scrolled to my tumblr. A post got my attention

"Death of someone doesn't hurt, it's not seeing them anymore, not hearing them, and not feeling them that hurts"

I reblogged it because i thought of Perrie. "I miss you" I whispered to the wind.

Do you miss me too?

I checked the time. 9pm. I need to get some rest, damn it but I can't sleep, i just can't. It just replays the thought of me and Shawn running through the hospital doors looking for our friend but only to find out she passed away.

It still hunts me. It still hurts.

I turned off my phone and set my alarm. I closed my eyes and a few moments later, i was already deep asleep.

I wish i'm always at ease.

_______________________________

A/n:

Hope you like the prologue!💕

- Sam xoxo