one

[not edited]

Addison's P.O.V.

 My alarm clock woke me up for another torturous day of high school. I broke free from the covers and struggled to get out of bed. Once my feet settled on the gorund, I started my usual morning routine; shower, brush teeth, get dressed, fix hair, and eat.

As soon as I was fully awake, my mood brightened a bit. I headed down the stairs to fix some sugary breakfast in the kitchen. Looking around, I finally noticed my parents were gone, which was not in any way unusual. My eyes scanned the room to stop on a piece of paper sitting on the counter. 

"Dearest Addison,

We had a work event to attend in Australia and we won't be back until next Friday. We apoligize for the last minute occasion. We left you a little money to hold you until then. Spend it wisely.

Love, 

Mom and Dad 

P.S. Feel free to invite over any friends over, just don't cause chaos."

Attached to the note was 500 dollars. 

My parents worked at some big shot company here in New York. I was alone in our huge house 70% of the time. I let out a big sigh and brought a bowl out of the cabinet. They always have "last minute work events" to go to in completely different continents.

Sometimes I wonder if they're just trying to get away from me. I know, that sounds utterly selfish and vain, but hey, that's the only reasonable explanation my mind will come up with.

That's probably not the case, but I can't help to feel like it is. My fingers pushed through my hair as I poured some Lucky Charmsand milk into the bowl. They probably just needed a break from my crazy self. I wasn't the typical "girly-girl," perfect daughter my parents wanted.

I wore darker clothes, and my naturally blonde hair was streaked with thick strips of black. I listened to Nirvana, not Katy Perry, Black Veil Brides instead of Justin Bieber. My closet consisited blacks, camos, and any other dark color. Other items included beanies, converse, Doc Martins and some snapbacks. 

Today, I was sporting a cut up Green Day American Idiot shirt, black jeans, and red converse. Once I finished breakfast and put on all my bracelets, I grabbed keys to my black Jeep and made my way to school. I put in my My Chemical Romance CD to calm me down on the way to school. 

---*Skip to after lunch*---

As I was on my way to music class, my arm was jerked towards an empty hallway. 

"What the fu-" I started to say until I was cut off. 

"Addi!" I let out a sigh when I heard it was only Jayde, my best friend. 

"What?! I'm gonna be late to music!" I tried to release from her vapid grip, but she wouldn't let me go. 

"Oh. My. Ross. You're going to freak when you see that sexy ass teacher!" She squealed.

"Wait, what? I'm pretty sure Mr. Andrews isn't exactly "sexy," nevermind the fact that he has a wife."

"No! Mr. A is out for the rest of the school year! Mr. Hemmings is going to be looking after his classes the remainder of the time." Jayde winked. 

 She was a bit boy crazy and tried to go after nearly every boy her eyes caught sight of. I wasn't sure if I should trust her judgement of this "sexy ass teacher."

"Alrighty then, I'll go see this Hemmings." I sighed, once again.

"Eep! Have fun doll!" Jayde then skippped down and out the hallway and was on route to her next class. I shook my head and began to skip too, while humming down the hallway all the way to music.