Epilogue

(10 years after Dan's Death)

Mrs. Howell climbed up the rickety ladder into the attic in the countryside home. She was looking for a set of something she had lost a while ago, perhaps a china set? Who knows?

The grieving families had eventually gotten over the death of the boys. The fneral was hard for them, the emptiness even harder as they coped. They started having more family bondings in which they got together and reminisced over the fun times they used to share. Soon it almost became like one big family, and the thought of the boys were only in the back of their minds.

In the corner of the attic, a large box with Aunt Mary Dust covering the top got illuminated by the small window that was the only source of light in this dreary room. There was permanent marker scribbled all over with different colors, there were stars and confetti and all that you could imagine, the words in the middle reading 'Dan's stuff'.

The lady walked over to the box, dusting it off lightly with coughing accompanying the action. She opened the flaps to see something laying on top of the items wrapped in Dan's old bedding. A photo of him and his boyfriend Phil, with Phil kissing his cheek in the Christmas image with a small mistletoe dangling over them. The bottom said, 'Dan Howell and Phil Lester, Christmas 2016. "Soulmates forever"'.

Mrs. Howell smiled, neatly putting the belongings back as they were, closing the box and leaving the attic, shutting the hatch.

Two boys with grey-feathered wings sat by the box.  They were cuddling, as they watched Mrs. Howell leave the room. The one with brown hair and brown eyes was nestled deep in the chest of the black-haired, blue-eyed figure.

"Lion?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Danny, my angel."

THE END.